Tilt, turn and bend. There are high demands to the seats in the firmaklassens cars, there are too many acts rolling jobs in it daily. Evidence suggests however, that the good office chairs are beginning to find their way to the jobbilerne.
Together with Stig Holm, who is the physiotherapist and head of Arbejdsmiljøcentret in Kolding, we have put the seats in the 10 current company cars to the test. The pot consists of everything from classic cars to the fashionable SUV models, and all are made up with the best available seats.
Some seats are standard equipment, while other costs 10.000-20.000 dollars extra. And across the board can the Stig Holm mark a clear improvement.
- It is a level, which is very high, and that has shifted significantly in the last few years. It promises well for the future, he says.
the leader's Jersey taking the new Volvo V60. Here goes everything up in a higher unity with good seats and a logical operation, where you do not have to strain themselves unnecessarily.
- the Volvo V60 has a very good seat that fits well to the rest of the driving position. The seat is easy to adjust and has a good lumbar support. It is a super and integrated workplace with an easy and intuitive operation of instrumentation, says physiotherapist Stig Holm.
He lacks, however, an opportunity to extend the seat in the bottom, so long-legged gets the proper support.
in turn, points to the seat can be tilted and has a low, but supportive, lateral support. The Volvo V60 has a narrower doorway than several of its competitors, but this is offset by the seats. the
'AGR'-the seats in the Opel Insignia Country Tourer is to ensure the car a second place finish in the test. The same is the increased ground clearance, which make climbing easier. Photo: Jonas Ahlstrøm
On subsequent pitches in the top of the test, we find, in this order, the Opel Insignia Country Tourer, VW Passat Variant and Ford Mondeo.
our middle consists of the Mazda 6 station wagon, Peugeot 508 and VW Tiguan, while the Audi A4 Avant, BMW X2 and the Volvo XC40 is in the bottom.
Both the Opel Insignia and the new Peugeot 508 is equipped with an ergonomic 'AGR'-seats, which is approved by the German ryglæger.
The large and multiindstillelige seats download points to the Opel Insignia, which is made up of skovmandsskjorte version Country Tourer. This version has slightly higher ground clearance which is helps to make the climbing easier.
- the Opel Insignia have a really high level with a great and easily adjustable seat and a screen that is intuitive to use. But it lacked a little in the past to get to the top, says Stig Holm.
the Volkswagen Passat has, as always, a good bottom level, and the model is set up with 'Ergo'-seats for an extra charge of half a dozen thousand dollars.
- trade wind has a delicious and well seat, which is wider than the Volvo. There is much legroom, and there is also here an intuitive workplace. The Insignia and the Volvo is, however, in front of, say, a physiotherapist.
Then follows firmabilsklassikeren Ford Mondeo, in 'ST-Line'-series has 10-way adjustable elsæder as standard equipment.
- the Ford Mondeo has good space and a seat with many adjustment options. The top four cars are close, where Volvo is sticking by, while Ford lacks a bit of finish, says Stig Holm.
The special in-Cockpit the Peugeot 508 is not functioning, consider a physical therapist, Stig Holm. The operation playing in his eyes are not completely with respect to the ergonomics. Photo: Jonas Ahlstrøm
In the next step we find the Mazda 6, which has clear qualities, but also shortcomings.
- the Mazda 6 has the fastest seat to set, but you don't feel that it fits so well to the car, that it is possible to set it optimally. The steering wheel is more difficult to adjust, and the operation is not so intuitive. There's something missing finesse, and the car is not so harmonious, he says.
Then comes the new Peugeot 508, which is set up as a hatchback and with the 'GT-Line'equipment. It has Peugeot's i-Cockpit, where the instruments are raised above a small steering wheel. The setting is the Stig Holm not love.
- Two things talk down for the 508; it is the low entrance height and its i-Cockpit, which falls a bit through. Here is the instrumentation a little strange, while the seat is really good, but very low. Everything else is nice in the car, he says.
the adjustments will 508’eren, however, was able to move higher up in the field. Stig Holm is looking forward to see if indstigningshøjden and the seats are different in the more practically-minded station wagon version, which is on the way.
the Next model is the high VW Tiguan, which offers a good entry and a fine 'Ergo Active'seat. And now comes the Audi A4, so check on the list.
Premium model offers otherwise a perfect steering wheel, which is good in the hand, just like the model offers good legroom. But the driver's seat from the 'Sport Business Edition'model has only a few options.
the BMW X2 has a narrow doorway, so it is hard to get into. The distance from the steering wheel to the B-pillar is not very big, which means fewer options.
the Volvo XC40 will land in completely, although, according to Stig Holm is not bad. It is, instead, that the level is very high among the competitors.
- If I ran as a salesman and was in and out of the car 15 times a day, I would choose a high car, and then the victims the money on better seats, he says, and continues:
But I should only have two to three stops per day, I would choose a classic car, because the seats are much better, and because it sits better and more comfortably.
Testbiler and location
Volvo V60 'Momentum' with the standard seat. Really good seat with good lumbar support and a perfect driving position with easy and intuitive operation of the instrumentation.
the Opel Insignia Country Tourer 'Innovation'. 'AGR'-the driver's seat is standardsom is the default. It supports well and is easy to set up.
VW Passat Variant 'Highline Premium'. Have a welcoming seat with many adjustment options and good ergonomics. The driver's seat is part of a UK package for 11,000 crowns.
Ford Mondeo station wagon 'ST-Line'. The car has a good entry, wide doorway and a good seat with many adjustment options and good lumbar support.
Mazda 6 station wagon 'Optimum'. Standard seat quickly, has good lumbar support, the largest hiking in the height as well as forward and back.The decor is experienced, however, something messy.
the Peugeot 508 'GT-Line'. 'AGR'-the seat is standard equipment and offers many options and good support. in-Cockpit work, however not quite optimal, and indstigningshøjden is low.
VW Tiguan 'Highline Plus'. The car has high access and a fine seat, but the lower cars offer a better driving position. The 'Ergo Active'-the seat is part of a UK package for 11,000 crowns.
Audi A4 Avant 'Sport Business Edition'. The steering wheel is good to grip on, the noise level low and benpladsen good. Standardsædet however, some lack the adjustability.
BMW X2 'Advantage'. The car has a high access, low vulster on the seat and good leg room. Sportssædet is an option for 10,000 dollars.
the Volvo XC40 'Momentum'. Indstigningshøjden is good, but even if the seat can be tilted, it does not have many options.