the Government is ready to extend the compensation paid to august, because it is not optimal to let the system connect 8. July, as was supposed. The other stimulus is to be phased out.
It says the finance minister, Nicolai Wammen (S) at a news conference on Wednesday. More than 200,000 employees, is or has been sent home from their jobs with partial wage.
- Now it is time to shut Denmark up again, and it is therefore natural to look at how we might best phase out the hjælpepakkerne.
- the Government's attitude will be that we will look at whether there are parts of the hjælpepakkerne, it makes sense to have in a longer period of time. It could be for august, " says Wammen.
Hjælpepakkerne, which was launched in connection with the dissemination of coronavirus, was immediately put to stop 8. July, which economic experts have backed up on.
But the government it will be different in relation to salary, while the other stimulus plans continue to be phased out. An extension of the lønhjælpen is based on an agreement with the social partners and political parties.
- next week I will meet with political parties to discuss the parts of the hjælpepakkerne, which is made together with the other parties, says the minister of finance.
the System of wage compensation allows companies to send employees home with pay. The state covers 75 to 90 percent of the salary up to 30,000 crowns a month.
the Company must cover the rest and at the same time undertakes to not to fire the employees.
There is expected to be a new tripartite meeting this week between the government and representatives of employers and employees. Here, there must be an agreement for the scheme.
- It is to stop in the summer holidays, and it is perhaps not the most appropriate time to let it end on, " says Wammen.
- It is a part of the recommendations from the economists, that one should be aware that, for example, export industries, and manufacturing companies can be affected later than other companies.
There is, in particular hotels, restaurants and businesses in the field of trade, which has sent thousands of employees home, but it can also be seen clearly in the industry and transport sector.
He is open to extend the scheme, as it looks today, but does not fixed on it. There may be elements of compensation for the fixed costs, which also is reasonable to extend, he elaborates.
the Danish Employers association (DA) and The key organization (FH) are both positive.
- It would be appropriate that we now get a total agreement and plan in place on the extension, adjustment and finally the phasing out of the lønkompensationsordningen, says topdirektør Jacob Holbraad from THEN in a written comment.