Denmark has, together with Austria, Sweden and the Netherlands stood in goal for southern beating in recent days, after the four european UNION countries have refused to give 'free money' for the member states worst hit by the coronakrisen.
The four 'frugal countries' agree that a genopretningsfond must be agreed, and it must be big, but they will, instead, record debt, lent on to countries in need. Loans with conditions. No grants.
It appears by a holdningspapir, as the four countries issued on Saturday. Without comments from the Danish government. But with immediate criticism from, among others, Italy, if the Minister stamped it as 'inappropriate.'
Now explain and defend the foreign minister of the Jeppe Kofod (S) the proposal.
- We are not disagreeing (with the other countries of the EU, red.) on the target. We should have the economy back on track, and we must help the countries that are hardest hit. It is we completely agree on, he says.
He calls a French-German proposal, presented by president Emmanuel Macron and German chancellor Angela Merkel on Monday last week for 'interesting and well'.
- Now we have presented our proposal to the recovery. It is a healthy debate that goes on, whether we should but how we should help, he says.
on Monday, EU president of the european Parliament, David Sassoli, hit out after the frugal. He appeals to their responsibility. People with no political posts in the South have used much harder words about sparebanden.
Macron and Merkel are proposing a fund of 500 billion euros. It is more than 3700 billion Danish kroner. Some of these - remains to be seen how many - are given according to the proposal passed on as direct grants.
Denmark rejects direct subsidies. A natural outcome of this would be that it becomes a cross between loans and grants.
- The most important thing is that we get the economy again, and that we do it in a way where we still hold fast to sound principles, that when you establish the debt, you must pay it back again when the opportunity is there, " says Kofod.
QUESTION: But is it a so-called ultimate requirement that it must be 100 percent loans?
- I am not in favour of the technical. But I can just say that we agree to create a genopretningsfond on top of the 4000 billion, which we already have set aside on top of the multi-annual budget. And so we would like to find a solution that is fair to all parties, the minister says.
the Scope of fondsforslaget of 500 billion euros, will the foreign minister do not directly confirm support for this. But the government is ready to 'spend a lot of money', and it 'must be something in that batter'.
QUESTION: do you Think that the French-German fund of 500 billion euros is big or small?
- It is a very good proposal, " says Kofod.
He points out that Denmark in addition to the requirements for green conversion and digitization, as Macron and Merkel mentions, also requires that the allocation of funds linked to the observance of the rule of law.
In connection with the EU's recently agreed lønkompensationsordning (Acidic) are guarantees from the EU budget, and thus, ultimately, of the EU countries, for the loan granted to the member states.
QUESTION: Thinking In a model, where Denmark and other EU countries, guarantees of these loans in the genopretningsfonden?
- Now we must first see the revised proposal from the EUROPEAN Commission. Then we can take the debate from there on, how we do, " says Kofod.
QUESTION: you Acknowledge that it is an important issue that we face in the situation, that an EU country can not pay back, then it becomes current, who guarantees the loan?
- It is important to find good answers on the things in the community and on the concern there is for the countries that already have a high debt, " says Kofod.
the EU Commission presents on Wednesday its proposal to genopretningsfonden and a new initiative for the EU's next langtidsbudget in the light of the coronakrisen.