Sunday is the year's first stork landed in Denmark. It is the country at Aakirkeby, Bornholm, informs the Storks.dk.
the Stork has once again come to Denmark. The first stork is on Sunday the country by Aakirkeby on Bornholm.
It gives the association the Storks.dk.
the Stork has come to Denmark just over a week earlier than last year.
The early arrival is due to good trækvejr, explains Jess Frederiksen, who is the president of the Storks.dk.
- It is extremely early. It is quite unusual, and there is no doubt that it is due to the mild weather and climate change.
- It comes from Spain, Portugal, or maybe north Africa. With the south-west wind, there has been, then there come a great many storks early to Europe this year. And it is quite unusual, says Jess Frederiksen.
He calls it 'sensational', the first stork has landed on just the island of Bornholm. The first usually namely to countries in south Jutland or on the island of Lolland.
the Storks are the most recent years have begun to come earlier and earlier, but Jess Frederiksen, think not that the development can continue.
- We had not foreseen, that there would come the stork in the month of February, so one should never say never. But I do think that we are to be there, where it can't be much earlier, he says.
It is perhaps also not in the storkenes interest. When they come earlier, there is also a greater risk that they are exposed for longer periods with cold, and it can be problematic.
this is Why Jess Frederiksen also not completely calm by the early arrival of the stork in the year.
- If there comes a period of 14 days with a really biting cold and frost, then it is clear that the storks and probably also other birds will have a problem.
- But if it is only something frost, and there are some individual days with cold weather, so they should probably clear it. But there is of course a risk, says Jess Frederiksen.