The british musician and Virgin-founder Richard Branson is planning to send six passengers in the room 18. July of this year.
This writes the american media ABC News.
18. July coincides with the 50th anniversary of the historic lunar landing in 1969. The Apollo 11 mission took off 16. July, and 21. July took the astronaut Neil Armstrong took the first steps on the lunar surface.
Branson, who for a long time have talked about commercial spaceflight, is the founder and owner of rumselskabet Virgin Galactic.
the Bransons plan is to carry six passengers up to the room, where they must be located in weightlessness for four minutes. The price of the tour is right now at about 250,000 u.s. dollars - equivalent to approximately 1.65 million dollars.
- It has gone up for me, that the government is not really interested in sending people like you and I to the room, says Branson to ABC News.
- We can make it possible to, hopefully, send thousands of people of the place in the coming years. So yes, 18. July is also my birthday, so why not? It is what we bet on, it sounds from the rigmanden.
Branson even bet on to be a part of the posters. But he is not the only one who is interested in a trip to the room.
- the Number of persons who will to the room is ridiculously loud, and we just have to make sure that we can make the trips to pay for them, says Branson.
In december last year said Virgin Galactic successfully the first manned turistrumfartøj to the atmosphere, and brought it back to the California desert by a test flight.
the Pilots Mark Stucky and Frederick Sturckow. And according to the latter, there is great reason to send ordinary people to space.
- The more people who see our planet from space, the more will appreciate it here, the place where we live. And hopefully they will take care better of it, says Sturckow, according to ABC News.