do you Know something?
Tip us on sms 1224 (alm. TEXT rate), or send an email to email@example.com. You can also choose to fill in the form below.E-mail: Name: Tel. No: Select the image or video (5 mb) Send the Upload photo/video, Close the
Thank you for your submission
not one of them. The editorsIt was an error - please try again
please Remember to fill in all the fields and attached material must not fill more than 5 mb.
If the problem remains, you can submit the tip on the sms to 1224 (alm. sms tariff), or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Submit material
In 2018 sent the Norwegian 37 million passengers to fly. But unfortunately for the Norwegian airline, so ended up a part of these passengers to come at least three hours late. And it costs, for the passengers as the starting point eligible for compensation.
But the passengers are finding it difficult to pull money out of the airline.
- Each month we have a great many cases against the Norwegian, because the Norwegian rejects the right of passengers or ignoring their requests, says Gustav Frederik Thybo, director of the Flyhjælp, who specializes in the - against a share of the compensation to help passengers to get the money home.
Flyhjælp have right now are 3,000 active litigation, and 464 are them are exclusively on Norwegian.
- We have approximately equal number of complaints against SAS and Norwegian, but we have far more legal proceedings against the Norwegian than the SAS. It is due to a greater degree, to SAS pay at the first contact, when we send a claim off, says Gustav Frederik Thybo, who believes that all Flyhjælps total active cases against the Norwegian has a value of 15,33 million.
the Norwegian, however, would not repay the billetternes price for Dennis Pedersen, when he had booked the tickets through a billetoperatør, so they asked him to contact this.
- I wrote to billetoperatøren, but the ones I heard never anything. So I was confused, says Dennis Pedersen, who, through Flyhjælp both got Norwegian to cough up the money for the tickets and the compensation for the cancellation. In all, sounded his compensation of 500 euro.
- If the Norwegian had paid me the money back for the ticket, so I had never created a case against them, but I was angry over the poor handling of my case, tells Dennis Pedersen to Ekstra Bladet.
Suzanna Rasmussen had a right to compensation. She was three hours and 20 minutes late on its trip from Nice to Copenhagen in October of last year. But the Norwegian paid first, after Flyhjælp had brought Suzanna Rasmussen's case to court.
I have previously tried to get compensation for delays in Norwegian, but there are so many forms and so much law in it, so I gave up and went to the Flyhjælp.
- It has been really elongated. I took the case in October, and I got the money here in the end of January, says Suzanna Rasmussen.
Holiday - 27. aug. 2018 - at. 10:00 New report: How to yanking the airlines you with smart trick
Norwegian believe that it is easy enough for passengers to get money back, when they turn to the Norwegian outside of companies such as Flyhjælp.
- If you as a passenger are experiencing delays or cancellations, we recommend that you contact directly your airline. For Norwegians they made it easy via our website. We adhere to in the EU regulation, which regulates the right to compensation for delays and cancelled departures. This means that all who have a right to compensation, get it, and that we in addition, handle all cases individually, " says Andreas Hjørnholm, press officer for the Norwegian in Denmark to ekstrabladet.
- internet companies as Flypenge, FlightRight, Danish Flyhjælp, Ifdelayed, Airhelp and what they are otherwise called, has a business model, where the one half of the compensation which the passenger according to the legislation have the right to - and which can achieve quite easily by a few clicks on our website. They live to create an impression that the whole thing is very inconvenient when it in fact is quite easy. We think it is better that the passenger will get the entire amount itself, without having to leave a great deal to a company of this type, says Andreas Hjørnholm.
Quite as easy the progress of it, however, not of the Norwegian passenger Nicolai Kjergaard. He was eight and a half hours late from Malaga to Copenhagen.
- the Norwegian indicated that they would not pay compensation, since the delay due to special circumstances. They justified this on the grounds that they should examine the aircraft for defects, but that they did not find any, says Nicolai Kjergaard to Ekstra Bladet.
- The real reason for the delay is rarely published by the airline. Since the right to compensation depends on the reason for the delay, it is difficult to assess the right to compensation without the background for the delay. We win 97 percent of all lawsuits, and the high winrate in court due to the fact that we have purchased access to the animal data that indicates the actual reason for the delay, says Gustav Frederik Thybo.
Therefore earned Flyhjælp Nicolai Kjergaards case against the Norwegian court, and the 24. January in the year came the answer from Norwegian, that they would pay the 400 euro (3,000 kroner, red) to Nicolai Kjergaard.
The Norwegian company's debt grew in 2018 with 43 percent to 31,9 billion Norwegian kroner. It shows the airline's annual accounts, published on Thursday 7. February.
Norwegian has indicated that it will make a series of actions to be more rewarding, including to shut down six bases abroad, postponing delivery of new aircraft and the sale of other aircraft. In addition, the corporation plans fewer flight in Europe in the summer, compared with last year. It writes dn.no
Here, you are entitled to compensation for flight delay
According to EU law, EC 261, as an air passenger is entitled to compensation for flight delays, when the following is true:
* Your departure date must be made no later than three years ago.
* You must be at least three hours late.
* You have the right to compensation if the delay is due to flight crew has been sick - but not if the delay is because a passenger has fallen ill, and the plane must therefore be countries.
* the Airlines can rely on force majeure by, for example, weather conditions, ash cloud, terrorist acts, who does, you are not entitled to compensation.
* the Size of the compensation depends on the travel distance, and whether one's flight is within the EU or not.
* It is EU law that applies, so when you fly from Europe, it doesn't matter whether you fly with a european or e.g. american airline - and it also applies to Norway and Switzerland.
- however, If you are flying to a country that is a member of the EU, you must fly with a EUROPEAN airline in order to enjoy the protection of the rights of passengers, as the EU regulation provides. As a consumer it is important to be aware of who actually completes the flight (who is the operating carrier). For example, you have purchased a ticket at the Dutch airline KLM and believe, that the flight also is carried out by KLM, whereas in reality, it is the u.s. Delta Airlines, which carry out the flight. And in case you will not be covered by the regulation on travel to the EU.
* After a two-hour delay there is no right to compensation, but you have a right to meals at shorter distances, food and drink - often in the form of a coupon. It is just to ask the airline personnel at the airport.
* If your flight is cancelled more than 14 days before the scheduled departure, so you only get the ticket price refunded, but if you notice during the 14 days before, so there is the possibility to get compensation along with the refund.
* Flyhjælps fee is 30 percent of the amount of compensation you may get back - regardless of whether your case ends up in court or not. If you don't get compensation back, so is Flyhjælps work for free.
Source: Flyhjælpread more Close