That can easily be made more efficient and saved several million on the cleaning of the city and its green areas.
It takes one of the world's largest consulting firms, Ernst & Young, in a report, they have made for technical and environmental administration in Copenhagen Municipality.
Therefore, the management has set itself for just that. They recommend that there be made more efficient, saving, privatisation and, ultimately, firing staff, writes TV 2 Lorry.
But, says Rasmus Width, there is a semi-skilled worker in the municipality and the joint union of the five units in The Operation, which keeps the Copenhagen parks, roads and urban spaces clean:
- It is a calculation made by some people who never even have had a shovel or a broom in his hand, but still believe to know how we can do our work best. The consultants have nearsightedness and is hired to to find so much money in savings as possible.
- We are not a second in doubt that the locals will be able to feel it. If this saving goes through, so we are concerned whether we can deliver clean parks and streets, he says to TV 2 Lorry.
It is less than a year ago, a saving of over 30 million dollars was voted through the committee and the affected Width and his colleagues.
Now fear he administration's next ”the potential for harmonization”, as it is called, when the item to be processed on the Monday of the Technique and Environment committee.
a Vote is the administration's recommendation through, get the consequences, and probably especially for Rasmus Width, and colleagues, but also for how Copenhagen's urban space in the future to be nurtured. The saving includes some significant changes in the municipality's operating range.
Between 11 and 14 employees, who today keeps the city clean (and up to 16 in total), stand to lose their jobs.
the Level, of what constitutes acceptable cleaning of parks and roads, indskærpes in relation to the current, so all the spaces appear the same. For some areas in the city means less time and less quality.
And then sent the task to clean areas such as Vesterbro and Brønshøj-Husum in the offer to private firms, where the service provider who can do it cheapest, weighted.
According to technology and environment mayor Ninna Hedeager Olsen (EL), there is no reason to pack it in: the Setting, as she and the other ten members of the Engineering and Environment committee will discuss on Monday, put up to serviceforringelser, as the citizens of Copenhagen will be able to notice.
And I think not, you have to shorten the area. Especially not when there has just been made efficiency savings of over 30 million dollars, and she says to TV 2 Lorry.
Therefore it will technique and miljøborgmesteren along with Unity, another member of the committee try to convince the majority to reduce and preferably cancel the proposals for savings, layoffs and privatization.
She may not, however, unequivocally reject the fact that she will not vote for a proposal that may result in layoffs.
- Any time I see that it is not happening. But can we find a compromise, with fewer positions eliminated, then it is part of the political debate and better than the starting point, says Ninna Hedeager Olsen.
Nothing, however, suggest that other parties, who can usually reach an agreement with the Device list in the green area, will support the administration's setting up.
SF's chairman Klaus Mygind tells that the party is positive about the setting, so the city is going to appear uniform when it comes to cleaning. Right now, there may be large fluctuations from park to park, and too little transparency in this area, he believes.
- For us, it is about to establish a level of quality of cleaning, which is good and effective. Will SF then just say, that there must not be firing? No, it says we do not. There must be the employees who fits for the level of quality that we agree on, says Klaus Mygind for TV 2 Lorry.
At The Radical tells the group chairman Mette Annelie Rasmussen, that the party, of course, would prefer to avoid redundancies, but that the politicians have committed each other to improve the efficiency in the field.
- It is not necessarily the case that the way the until now we has done it, has been the right. We can see this, for there has been general dissatisfaction with the waste of the urban space in a long time. That is why we back, we're trying something new and are given a uniformity in quality. The important thing For us, that we come to a place where we provide better services and engage more locals, says Mette Annelie Rasmussen for TV 2 Lorry.