over the weekend told the former cyclist Nicki Sorensen details of his doping usage as active.
- I am ashamed of what has happened, it said among other things in the TV 2 program Tour the ja-vu.
In the interview, explains Sørensen, how he sees himself as a 'victim' who had to 'jump on the bandwagon', if he should be able to compete with the other.
the Victim-the role must not clothe himself as a cyclist around the turn of the millennium, assesses Michael Rasmussen.
- I'm with you on that it was a paragraph, but it does not make someone a victim. There is no one who should have pity on us, says Ekstra cykelekspert.
the Article continues under the picture ...
the Year after his doping-stop prevailed Sørensen at the Vuelta a Espana during the 2005-edition 15. stage. Photo: Gustau Nacarino/Ritzau Scanpix
In the interview with TV 2 elaborates Sørensen, that he took advantage of doping between 1998 and 2004, and ago ran.
the Year after he won 15. stage of the Vuelta a España, and in 2009 culminated his career with the world championships at the Tour de France, why the results have been much the best after doping abuse.
- Nicki must of course fret over, that he is not stopped earlier, says Michael Rasmussen.
In 2015 was Nicki Sørensen forward and acknowledged his use of doping, why the limitation period of ten years, they have two wins, and also three Danish championships, coming to stand clean back.
- It is on the whole some very convenient dates, it must be said, says Michael Rasmussen.
from 2005, comes the thus to stand as a pure and falls on the outside of the deadline. But I know with 100% certainty, that he allertidligst stopped using it in august 2004 during the OLYMPICS in Athens, he elaborates.
See also: Rangers-help the cannon: Excluded
Even calls for 'the Chicken' more reply.
In the tv interview, says Sørensen, how experienced riders, he rode with as a young man, got it to sound as though it was a necessity to dope up.
- But who are the experienced riders? It is Carlos Sastre, who won the Tour? Or Fabian Cancellara? It was under Kim Andersen, which he praises so much? And what about Bjarne Riis? If he claims to know everything, what his riders were doing, he was so too knowledgeable about this, sounds like some of the questions, which Rasmussen misses an answer.
One of the profiles, Sørensen drove on the team with at the beginning of the 00's, was american Tyler Hamilton, who also has been going forward with its own abuse of doping. In his book 'The Secret Race', from 2012, he writes, moreover, that he got the help of Team CSC to hide his high hematocrit.
It was also three Danish championships after 2004, the most recent came in 2011, when Sorensen had rounded the 36 years. Photo: Ole Steen
Nicki Sørensen's alleged doping-period started in 1998 - the same year as the Festina affair took place. A case that otherwise was the starting point for a big upheaval in the sport and the control of doping.
- Festina-case must have had the opposite effect on the Rangers, says Michael Rasmussen.
- It has certainly not been a deterrent to see the pictures from the Tour that year, among other things, with a tearful Richard Virenque and to see seven-eight teams leave the Tour prematurely, he adds.
Nicki Sørensen have in the career race won four Danish championships in addition to victories at the Tour de France and Vuelta a España.
He would not elaborate his statements when Ekstra Bladet on Monday got a hold of the former cyclist.
See also: Mads Würtz extends with israeli World Tour-team
Cycling - 28. jun. 2020 - pm. 12:36 Now talking Nicki about his doping: I'm embarrassed