While Lewis Hamilton triumphed in the Formula 1's 1000. grandprix, was jubilæumsweekenden for Haas a sad repeat of the trip to Bahrain.
During the qualification it is fast, but on tracks with long longitudinal side and too many slow bends, the Haas-purebred does not keep the temperature up in the tires.
Kevin Magnussen and Romain Grosjean started the race in the points, but soon fell out of them.
It was very similar to the same situation as in Bahrain. We could not get the tire into the temperature window in which it works. When there is heat in the tires, everything is fine. That's it. Pretty simple, explained team boss Günther Steiner at his press conference after the race.
- We understood the problem after Bahrain, but could not reach to spruce it up to here. To work with it, and we must have found a solution. It occurred not during the vintertest, where the track is completely different than here and Bahrain.
Without quick solutions, account gaderacet in Baku with its over two kilometres long length to be a Haas-nightmare. On the other hand, those in Barcelona have the chance to be ’best of the rest’ once again.
- I do not come with excuses, but just trying to make me ready for a disappointment if we don't find a solution in Baku. When the high-speed lines with long longitudinal side and swing with low energy, we can't get energy into the tyres. It is the explanation.
the Circuit de Catalunya-Barcelona, by contrast, has a sufficient number of high-energy swing.
- To vintertest in Barcelona, even when it was cold, you can overload the tires and have enough energy to keep heat in the tires. Everything was fine. In Australia the temperature was higher, and everything worked, but in Bahrain and here it doesn't work, says Steiner.
Sports and Games They scoffed at Emilies F1-dream: - Success is the best revenge
Sports and Games Jason's new nightmare: - It will be a catastrophic change in my life
Before the team understand the problem, they will, depending on the course layout could vary from tops midterfeltet to be capital in the races. A lasting solution may have longer prospects.
- It is a combination of things. Otherwise, it would be simple to fix, says Günther Steiner.
- We must go back to vindtunnelen and try to find a way to get more energy into the tyres on it one way or another. Right now we have not the solution, he admits.
Haas just some amateurs?
'How can Kevin Magnussen and Haas pipe over the tires. They are the same for all'. This comment came in many versions during the Ekstra livedækning.
Tires are not sexy, but tires are the key to success in Formula 1. The same tires are on a car keep a race distance, while on a second car is slower and gets worn down on a few laps. It all depends on the design, and how the car is set up.
His week's soft-tyre works, when the surface temperature is 90-110 degrees. Fall 'out the window', they become slower and harder to run.
No solutions are simple in a sport where some teams only use 800-900 million crowns in a season and the other the triple. Pirelli-sutterne on a F1-racer is a little more complicated than the four " decks.
When Ferrari two weeks ago was clearly faster than Mercedes, but in China clearly slower, it was also a lack of ability to get the maximum out of the car and keep it inside in the arbejdsvinduet.
Formula 1 - 30. mar. 2019 - at. 06:58 2021-rules leaked: Big changes in F1
Formula 1 - 12. apr. 2019 - at. 11:24 Penalty lurking: Haas and Ferrari takes a new type of motor part