A transition that looked like a show of power from Renault's Danish stortalent Christian Lundgaard, which, however, after the checkered flag enjoy the season's best qualification, although he lacked the 0,122 seconds to Callum Ilott on pole-position.
nevertheless means the second-best time among the F2 drivers at Silverstone a start location in front startrække for the first time.
- I promise it will be a good one, said the 19-year-old østjyde over the radio before his last attempt.
the Promise he held, not quite.
- We have the car for pole. I messed me. Sorry, guys, it sounded subsequent to the ART Grand Prix-pitvæggen.
Earlier, Christian Lundgaard in the last weekend has been flying at Silverstone. A course, which he until last weekend not cared about.
the Dane was second in the running time after both tests on the first set of tires. Get found big improvements, since the drivers came out again, but with superomgang succeed Callum Iliot to score the pole-position and the four associated bonus points.
Several got their very last attempt spoiled by a yellow flag.
the starting position gives Lundgaard opportunity to gain ground against several key rivals.
See also: F1-team convicted of the copy: are fined and deducted points
See also: Grosjeans sad milestone
Again, had etteren in the championship is a horrible qualification. Robert Shwartzman was only 11. as soon as, while Prema-teamkammerat Mick Schumacher was only eight.
the Renault-rival Guanyu Zhou starting six, while Lundgaards teamkammerat and last year's number two in F3, Marcus Armstrong, starts as number 19.
the new zealander was 1,122 seconds from the Danish side of the ART Grand Prix garage. It is an eternity in the sport ...
In the F3 starts Frederik Vesti number four for the main round. Prema-teamkammeraten Logan Sargeant took the pole.
the F3's hovedløb be run on Saturday at 10.25, while the F2 drivers will be in the fire 16.45
1. Robert Shwartzman (Prema) 81 points
2. Callum Iliott (UNI-Virtuosi) 73 points
3. Christian Lundgaard (ART GP) 69 points
4. Nikita Mazepin (Hitech) 58 points
5. Dan Ticktum (Dams) 57 points
6. Guanyu Zhou (UNI-Virtuosi) 51 points
7. Louis Delétraz (Charouz) 46 points
8. Felipe Drugovich (MP) 45 points
9. Mick Schumacher (Prema) 41 points
10. Yuki Tsunoda (Carlin) 39 pointsShow more Close
Sports and Games Debriefing from Styria: - Christian when the Formula 1
Sports and Games Debriefing from Silverstone: Healthy signs in Haas
Sports and Games Watts grades: Butcher, Kevin's executioner