I can tell you, she was really sick.
so says Kirsten Holmehøj from Chongqing, after her dachshund Tilde in the previous week were skewed after eating a joint.
It writes Frederiksborg Amts Avis.
Kirsten Holmehøj was out and go for a walk with Tilde and her second dachshund, and when they came home, Their suddenly poor.
- There went a few minutes, and so was Their very, very sick. She had cramps, there was froth out of the mouth on her, and she had tvangsdrejninger of the head. She couldn't stand on his paws. It was so terrible, tells Kirsten Holmshøj to Ekstra Bladet.
She tried unsuccessfully to call the vet and then took a quick decision to put the dog in the car and drive off. At the vet it became clear that the Tilde had been sick, because it was warped.
- the Vet gave the Tilde something of antidote. Afterwards we took a urine sample, and it was blatant that it was cannabis, she was in the urine, says Kirsten Holmshøj.
She speculates that the Tilde has eaten the bottom of a joint.
After the Tilde had been treated by the vet, was hospitalized for observation.
- the Shaking and convulsions sounding of in the course of a few hours, but she was not herself. There was a day, before she was herself.
Cannabis-the episode has set itself in Kirsten Holmehøj, and when she goes for walk with her dog now, she is very aware of what they have in the mouth. At the same time she would want people to be allowed to throw their waste in the nature.
- It is sad, that one can throw away such a joint or something, but there is enough a long way for people to stop it, she says.
Hanne Node Palshof is the president of the fagruppen Familiedyr at The Danish chamber of veterinary surgeons. She explains to the Frederiksborg Amts Avis, that the only thing you as a dog owner can do is to wait for the effect of cannabissen dissipates.
- We have to check in inquiries about similar incidents, and it, happens, is, that the dogs are quirky, like the people would be it. We register not, how often it happens, but I have seen it before, she says to the Frederiksborg Amts Avis.