MELBOURNE (Ekstra Bladet): a lot has happened at Melbourne Park since Frederik Løchte Nielsen recently visited the year's first grand slam five years ago. And he must just learn from the many nooks in the players ' new main building to know.
But the targets on the blue tennis courts are the same, and the Danish double-veteran is keen to find their lines together with its brazilian partner, 29-year-old Marcelo Demoliner. A samba partnership that is new in the slam context.
Among the partners, I could realistically find, count it out loud to me, we get on well with each other, and so do we, he says.
- I like the way he plays. He was a good singlespiller, so he is not so mechanical in its double. He can be a little more unpredictable. He server well and is very athletic.
- It is very important to me that my mate can keep the network because I do not server so deadly. So we must expect to go out in some volleys after my serv. I want to be able to count with the fact that my partner holds up his hand, and this he can.
- I think we can compliment and encourage each other well, " he says, looking happy about in the sunlit tennismiljø.
- Here is delicious, he notes.
- It is a great tournament to play and a good way to start the year. In advance it is cool to be for the grand slams, because it's just the greatest, and it is cool to be a part of.
- But the Australian Open is especially bold, because it is very well organized and very player-friendly. The situation is fine, and all is fresh and happy, has trained hard and is going to Australia with a fresh mind. There is nothing bad in your luggage. Here is a very positive atmosphere.
He has played a few tournaments in New Caledonia and New Zealand on the way. With various companions, two wins and two defeats.
Now, the 35-year-old dane in Melbourne look forward to meeting up with three fellow countrymen, Wozniacki, Clara Tauson and Holger Rune, in the corridors.
- It is interesting, in fact, far-fetched, that we have a defending champion in the single. We have seen in the Danish juniors out here, but it is cool that the two are so good. They are glorious types, both on and off the field, he says.
- It will be fun to see how William is doing in his first grand slam. They can both be exciting for the danes, says Frederik Løchte Nielsen.
He and his partner meetings in the first round of the Spanish brødrepar with the surname of Granollers.
Tennis - 14. jan. 2019 - at. 10:55 Mesterhak! Caroline opened title defense with a nice win
Tennis - 14. jan. 2019 - at. 11:38 Piotr shocked by the heat level: This gives the wings