on Tuesday morning came the president of Russia, Vladimir Putin, with the somewhat surprising announcement that Russia has a vaccine against the covid-19 ready, and that his own daughter had received the vaccine.
Russia believes that the vaccine has been fully tested, and that soon they can mass produce it, but other countries are up to the news of the finished vaccine has not been informed about the process.
the Danish medicines agency, which stands to approve, among other vaccines in Denmark, has also not heard anything about the vaccine, before Putin told about it in the media.
- I have contacted the director of the Russian food and drug administration and is awaiting such that they return, said Thomas Senderovitz, who is the director of the Danish medicines agency, to Ekstra Bladet.
He says that Russia does not even have reached out to their colleagues the world over, why the Danish food and drug administration, as with many other projects reaching out to those who have a possible product.
- We have no data yet, so we would like to see if they have the desire to tell you more about it and possibly share the data. And if it looks reasonable, they must submit an application to The European medicines Agency, and then we can decide whether we will enter into a pre-existing contract with Russia, said Thomas Senderovitz.
- But there is not yet, he stresses.
Russia has, together with the news shared this image of the alleged vaccine. Photo: Handout/AFP/Ritzau Scanpix
He says, that you must be sure that the vaccine has been properly tested on humans with adequate follow-up of their subjects.
- We do not exclude anything in advance, for it would be foolish, but one thing is what a press release says, but let us now look at the data. I would like to stress that it must be completely safe, and if it is not sufficiently tested on humans, it does not come in the danes so far, says the director.
in addition to the insight into the tests, Danish and european authorities have insight into the technology that underlies the production, and what conditions the vaccine is produced under.
- In essence, it must be approved by The European medicines Agency before it can be put to use, but you can open discussions with them, as has been the case with other things, which are under development.
Vladimir Putin even told in connection with the news that his own daughter had experienced a slight rise in temperature, after she had received the vaccine, but that she was feberfri again the day after. He assures also that it has undergone all the necessary inspections.
Russia's plan in the first instance, to vaccinate health care workers, and it is hoped that the vaccine is ready to come into circulation in January.