Team Esbjerg-star Estavana Polman probably won't on the pitch in the coming season.
It informs the vestjyske handball club on Saturday in a press release.
The 28-year-old dutchman was hurt during Thursday's training, and on Saturday have a scan confirmed the worst idea, namely, that korsbåndet is pulled over.
- I could immediately feel that it was serious. It is the risk of playing handball, and I can't do anything about it.
- Now, I have put a plan and rates to be operated as soon as possible, and then waiting for lots of hard work with rehabilitation. Shit happens, says Estavana Polman in a press release.
Esbjerg write at the same time, the plan is to pick up a replacement for Polman.
- Estavanas accident is a shock for also the management of the club, says chairman Bjarne Pedersen.
- Team Esbjerg was together with the Odense Handball storfavoritter to win the Danish championship, but now the situation is different.
- We will now do everything possible to find a good replacement for the 'Essie', so we can continue to be restrictions to the Danish championship, he says.
See also: Lauge breaks cheekbone area
See also: Big triumph: Landin voted the world's best
See also: Mikkel Hansen has been a student