the 22-year-old Ulrik Petersen, who this time had to resign in the 'Home to the farm' on TV2, had not just signed up for the program for oplevelsens sake.
Despite his young age is Ulrik Petersen in debt after many years of spilafhængighed, so the cash on a half a million dollars was a great motivator for him.
in Addition, he wanted to show his parents that he can take fat.
- I have not been the best son, one might say. I thought only on games and gambling, and I therefore needed to show that I can provide for you to enjoy. In the past I was just inside in my room and gamblede, went out to eat dinner, and then I went into the room again.
- I needed to get out and prove my worth, and that one might in the program. So it was one of the primary reasons that I joined. That I could show my parents that I was not just the old compulsive gambler-Ulrik, who took everything for granted. And so, it helps, of course, that there were half a million up for grabs, so I might be able to get out of the debt I've put myself in, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
See also: Will be assessed on the butt and tits: - It is quite tremendously
Ulrik Petersen's problems with gambling began, when he was at school. Gradually it developed, and before long he got problems to repay the money he borrowed of his comrades.
After a few years received his mother a letter from one of his friends, who wrote that he would take Ulrik in court, if not the repayment came, and it put an end to the game for a time.
In the summer of 2018, he fell in again, but his father, who had installed a GPS in the car, discovered it after a few days.
I could see that if I do it here again, so I come to destroy our family. And my mother was simply also so disappointed, she could not talk with me, when I came home, says Ulrik Petersen.
See also: Leaving the boyfriend: - We have done it before the
today, it's been barely two years since he played last time, and he has promised his parents to be open about everything.
- I have put all the cards on the table, so to explain it in a tv program for the whole of Denmark, it makes me nothing. I know there are so many young people who have the problem, even though they may not even realize it. So put a little more focus on what it is I just happy. It can destroy a family and the life of the person playing, he says.
He does not want to tell, how many money he owes, but only that there is a 'fine spot'.
Ulrik Petersen says, that there is great unity between the participants in the day. They have a facebook group, and they also held a christmas party together. Photo: TV2
even Though the dream of winning 'Home to the farm' went into the sink for Ulrik Petersen, he has so much courage to throw himself into something new.
About two weeks he moves from his childhood home in Dagenham to Jutland, where he must begin at the teacher-study, and even though he no know, am he themselves to try something new.
- My goal is to help young people who have had it hard. It doesn't have to be with gambling addiction, it can also be people, who just have been given an unequal start in life, he says.
See also: Tv Host: I'm not made of stone
the Relationship to the parents is also intact, although they were disappointed in his relapse.
- They have really been good to put how I had it. It has some cool parents, I have, and I could not have done it without them, " he says.
'Home to the farm' will be sent on Sunday night on TV2 and can also be streamed on TV2 Play.