Sweden should have taken more precautions against the new coronavirus from the beginning, says statsepidemiolog Anders Tegnell Swedish Radio.
- Should we get to encounter the same disease with the knowledge that we have today, I think, that we would have done a mix of it, as Sweden has done, and that, as the rest of the world have done, says the Tegnell to nyhedsprogrammet Ekot.
- Yes, I believe that there exists a potential for improvement in it, as we have done in Sweden, clearly. And it is good to know more exact what to shut down to prevent the spread of infection better.
Sweden has chosen a somewhat different strategy in the fight against coronavirus than most other countries.
Among other things, has the country's schools and restaurants at no time been ordered to be shut down.
Anders Tegnell, who is a medical doctor specializing in infectious diseases and public official, has constantly claimed that Sweden has had the most enduring strategy.
But he is now more self-critical in the light of the high death toll in Sweden.
- there Are up to now for many who have died too early in Sweden?
– Yes, absolutely, the equivalent Tegnell in the interview with Sveriges Radio.
still die about 50 persons daily in Sweden, and the number of deaths with the corona virus is until the witnesses amounted to 4468 persons.
- It is what we need to think about in the future - if there was any way it could have been prevented, says Tegnell.
He is unsure of what measures Sweden could have taken out of them, which was put in place - or whether Sweden should have introduced all precautions and restrictions on the one and the same time in the place instead of gradually.
- Actually, all countries have closed down at once. Sweden is one of the few countries which has applied a gradual shutdown. All other countries began to do an enormous amount instantly. The problem with the approach is that one does not know, what measures have the best effect, he says, and adds:
- May be we find out of it, when one repeals the restrictions one by one. In the flow we experience is perhaps more about what one could do without resorting to a total shutdown.