A hjælpepulje of 50 million dollars to the local sports and spejderforeninger is now being expanded with a further 50 million dollars.
It is done as a part of the political summer package at around 700 million kroner, which the government and a majority in the Danish Parliament on Friday reached a consensus.
the Money should help the associations that are plagued by cancelled events and failing revenue.
- We are extremely happy and thankful, for there is a great need in our office.
- That the pot will fold up means we can meet a little more than we could before, " says Morten Mølholm Hansen, director of the Danish sports confederation (DIF).
in Addition, will be allocated 50 million dollars for a pool, among other things, to provide more cultural and sports venues.
It is, for example, local sports clubs under the DIF and the Danish Gymnastics and Sports associations (DGI), which can search the.
The same can member organisations of the Danish Youth Council (DUF).
According to the unions, falls the money in a dry place.
the first 50 million dollars was allocated in april, was 44 million dollars earmarked for sport.
But as the DIF and the DGI in may received applications for the fund, was applied for a total of 257 million dollars.
DGI is the joy of the extra money, therefore, really big, says in a press release.
- We are very happy that the politicians have a great deal of understanding that many sports clubs are challenged on the economy, and that among other things had more money in hjælpepuljen to ensure that the active communities continue to be attractive and, hopefully, also get, said president Charlotte Bach Thomassen.
the DANISH youth council's president, Chris Preuss, call the extension 'a huge relief'.
- the Expansion of the pot means that we can help even more associations in the first place did not help.
- In this way we can ensure that we have a viable association on the other side of the coronakrisen, he says in a press release.