Coronakrisen has taken the top of the road, and despite the fact that society is approaching a full re-opening, so it is still not near as much traffic on the roads as within coronakrisen.
And it looks also does not seem to be the case - at least not on this side of the summer holidays.
This was stated by the Danish road directorate in a press release.
According to the Directorate latest figures is the traffic to stagnate at a level that is some percentage below the same time last year.
- We can see on the measurements from our tællestationer, that the amount of traffic on the implementation remains some percentages below the level in the month of June last year, and since the numbers apparently kept up with that increase, this maybe the new normal – at least on this side of the summer holidays, " says Kasper Rosenstand, head of department at Danish road directorate, in a press release.
See also: Now you can no longer get the p-charge for this
On the trend with slightly lower traffic on the roads continues after the summer dry (Vd) not yet foretell. It can depend on many factors such as the country's economic development, smittetrykket, a possible new wave of the virus and the extent of homework in the Danish workplaces.
the Danish road directorate stresses, however, that the decline in trafikniveauet is far from so high, that it abolishes the peak hours.
- We've got peak hours on the busiest sections of road, and it will also be there on the other side of the summer holidays, " says Kasper Rosenstand.
- Thus we have since the beginning of may frequently had to open the hard shoulder on the Hillerødmotorvejen in the morning hours, which is a clear myldretidstegn. And we have to experience a significantly larger decline in traffic, before the commuters can avoid congestion on the main roads in the morning and afternoon, he says.
the Danish road directorate does not know the exact answers as to why traffic is not yet on the same level as in the past, but point to several factors as contributing to coronakrisen apparently has taken the top of the road.
- It may be that there is still a certain part of the population, who stay at home because they are afraid of being infected, " says Kasper Rosenstand.
- There may also be talk about the fact that several have started to work from home. And then you can pay and the rise in unemployment, of course, also come into play. However, it is still only reviews, since we still have too little knowledge to be able to explain the difference, he says.
See also: Road construction gives way to ferietrafik