- We rent out our holiday home in Saltum Beach from June to september through the Sun and the Beach in Blokhus. Unfortunately, there is again a very poor cleaning.
- But what has really shocked us is that we, because they were not finished with to push around on the dirt after the guests in our house, discovered that they do not use rubbing alcohol to spritte with.
- We asked them directly and the answer was 'no, we just use ordinary window cleaner!'
- In addition, they were not in the vicinity of the surfaces they are supposed to 'spritte' of.
this is the sound of the first lines of a letter the nation! have received from Dorthe B – a letter about the difference between cleaning and afspritning.
the nation! have asked the Sun and the Beach about to comment on the letter and explain what they even mean by the word 'disinfection' - their response you can read below. Dorthe's letter continues namely as follows:
- When we delivered our house cleaned and afsprittet in alcohol we asked directly bureauchefen ang. afspritning and Covid 19, and was assured that everything that should sprittes of, was sprittet and that they had bought alcohol in for the purpose.
- I know that they can just say that they have poured rubbing alcohol over the glass cleaner bottles, but I checked this fact and it was not alcohol that was in the bottle.
I have written a complaint to the Sun and the Beach and also terminated the cooperation with them, writes Dorothy B, who also sent this excerpt from the Sol og Strand website:
Sun and Beach follows the development of the covid-19 nearWe take care of yourselves and each other and taking the situation seriously
Sun and Beach follows the development of the covid-19 close, and our highest priority is our guests, husejeres and employees ' safety and health. We follow all guidelines from the Danish authorities and hope, like everyone else in this world, to corona-the situation comes under control.
in Order to prevent the spread of the infectious virus, we have introduced a number of special procedures that we all abide by.
There are introduced, reinforced and extended cleaning of all cottages, and the national board of Health advice on the cleaning of special areas at risk are followed closely. Here we have a special attention to disinfection of surfaces, door handles, knobs on the cabinets, oven and refrigerator etc.
We require all employees to follow the Health advice on the comprehensive hand hygiene.
We ensure that håndsprit is available in all agencies for both guests and employees.
On our agencies have introduced enhanced cleaning procedures, including disinfection of handles, keyboards, kortterminaler etc., and the aim is to have the handover of the keys, to the extent that it is possible, takes place without human contact. A set of markings to ensure that the kept distance between the guests, who come to the agencies.
Employees who shows the slightest sign of illness will be sent home.
We require that the craftsmen and others who need to get in touch with our homeowners and vacationers, comply with the advice on hygiene.
We would so like to take good care of our guests, but in the future it happens at a safe distance and with a even more hot look in the eyes.
Source: the Sun and the BeachShow more Close
the nation! have asked the bureau how they disinfects and they sent this reply:
" unfortunately, We cannot comment on the specific case in detail.
- the Cooperation with the concerned house owner is terminated by mutual agreement, which we have written evidence.
- the Safety of our guests, employees and homeowners is crucial for us. Since march - where covid-19 became a reality - we have introduced the extended guidelines for cleaning, which is attached in this mail.
- These guidelines are for all our service personnel familiar with, and as it follows, we follow the Health advice on the cleaning of vulnerable areas.
- In accordance with their instructions, we are using the disinfectant (see picture below) or water and soap in the cleaning of areas that are particularly vulnerable compared to coronasmitte.
- Our service staff can also use a glass cleaner in their cleaning tasks – this we use for cleaning of among other things, mirrors, windows and tv.
- We employ up to peak around 1200 staff - there is a training for all, and we try to dress all in to perform the task of cleaning in the best way possible.
- In the course of a busy summer season with many arrivals, however, we may not avoid, that there may be misunderstandings or errors.
- In this case, it is our most important task is to ensure that we have solved the problem, of course, we want guests have a good holiday, and that we have a good and trusting cooperation with our homeowners, writes the Sun and the Beach, but what are you thinking?