on Thursday evening they were again facing each other. Face to Face – without the wild eye contact.
Stine Jørgensen and Trine Nielsen's captain and TV2-the expert – three months after, Trine Nielsen's captain bl.a. said:
’I am in doubt, Stine Jørgensen is the right captain.’ And again: ’She must be the account's external profile, but Stine is almost devoid of attitude.’
Trine Nielsen missed the leadership and ferocity. TV2's håndboldredaktør Dan Philipsen chastised also the ’grey’ team in general and the captain in particular.
Trine Nielsen - former Jensen is a former national team player and was bl.a. to win european championship gold in 2002 and OLYMPIC gold in Athens two years later. Now she is a sharp analyst for TV2. Photo: Liselotte Sabroe/Ritzau Scanpix
Stine Jørgensen may to counter-attack. But not right now.
- It is clear, it was a rough homecoming, I got - and the team received, acknowledges Stine Jørgensen on spillerhotellet before departing for the Golden League.
the Criticism went much on your person!
- Yes, and there is no doubt that it was really tough. I usually use not much energy on it, but this was so great and violent, that I was going to have to face me for what actually had been said. But I must say that I have been in really good hands among the people I have around me. Klavs, Lars Jørgensen, group.
the national Coach Klavs Bruun Jørgensen went in standing up for his captain and called the criticism 'intolerable'. Here are the two perpetuated together the other day in the Bavnehøjhallen. Photo: Liselotte Sabroe/Ritzau Scanpix. the
Should you not have the answer again?
- Yes, it is there maybe someone, who seems. We did not seem right, it was the strategy at the time, and can write what you want, and Trina and Dan doing their job. It's her job to make analysis and have opinions, and so I can agree or disagree.
You may well as well say you disagree?
- Yes, but it is not Trine, who is my coach or a teammate, so really, I should not begrudge me for it.
it Gets a bit awkward to get in the studio with her?
- I think it will be just as awkward for her. I am professional, and I try to do my work.
But why will you not respond to the criticism?
- At the time we felt there would come something good out of it.
- It may well be, I at one time or another choose to grab hold of a journalist, I trust and give my picture of it. But as it is right now, I keep the focus on the I is unified with the national team. There is constantly something and it is never really easy to find a time to go into such discussions.
Stine Jørgensen and the national team play again Saturday night against France in the Golden League, where there may wait a new, grim smacking after 20-31 against Norway in the first match.