for years it was thought that they were the neighbours of an elderly lady who just kept themselves to themselves. In fact, they were neighbors to a corpse. But it comes as no surprise to Steen Holger Hansen, vicestatsobducent at the Department of Retspatologi that they had a suspicion.
– It is very different, if people notice something. I've been out several places, where neighbours have not smelled anything, " says the coroner, and elaborates:
– We (professionals, ed.) know the smell, and I have before experienced, to the police or paramedics have been out to something completely different, but then they noticed a strange smell in the stairwell and responded to it.
the Article continues under the picture...
Chinese Xinyi Yao on 25 years together with his mother in almost a year been the neighbor to the apartment where the suspect ligfund was done. – What? How? It is shocking, says the woman, as noted politiopbuddet the other day, but shot it across. – They wore masks, so I thought it maybe had to do with covid19, and so I have not heard more about this before now comes and tells about the case, says the woman, who works in a travel agency. Photo: Aleksander Klug
According to the vicestatsobducenten, there are two ways it can go, if you just let a dead body lie in an apartment.
– It comes very much depends on what the conditions are at the place of residence. If you have closed the doors and windows, and it is quite hot in the room, so will the body the first week, begin to swell up. Skin and soft tissue will fall off depending on the situation. At the end there is only the skeleton back.
See also: Daughter to the deceased: 'the Mother is moved'
– If, however, there is good with mm, and the air is dry, so as to become the body mummified and is almost intact. Is it and decomposes, then smack it more.
It is supposed that the corpse of the elderly woman has been lying there for two to three years, but it is difficult to establish how long a corpse has lain.
– In a dead and partially dissolved person will never be able to say that it is one, two or three years. It can only come through the police investigation.
the Saved corpses in the refrigerator and chicken coop
It is far from the first time that the relatives do not inform the authorities about deaths.
It was easier to move around with the body than to go to the police and tell that her boyfriend was dead.
How explained a 47-year-old man about the reason why he hid his 40-year-old partner's corpse, and moved twice with it in a refrigerator. In the same period he raised the almost 130.000 dollars of the woman's disability benefits.
the Body was found in 2013, when the man went to confession and told that the missing were in the fridge in an outbuilding of the farmhouse on the island of Lolland, where he lived with a new girlfriend.
the Man claimed that he had not turned the 40-year-old woman to death, but that he found her dead at home. He explained during the trial, he found a tarpaulin in udhuset, as he wrapped my bf's equal in order to save her out of the way.
It was a panikhandling. I took a bag truck and drove the body out in the udhuset. Here, it was in a few months, before I pulled it in the refrigerator, and tied a rope around, explained the man, who was sentenced to 13 years in prison.
the Body of a 51-year-old man was in 2004, found buried at an abandoned farm house in Holbæk. The man had been missing since 2001, where he according to police, was killed in his apartment by a drukkammerat.
the Corpse was placed in a piece of furniture, which were subsequently driven out to an abandoned farm in Vejleby. Here it was buried under a faldefærdigt the hen house. His classmate took the subsequent identity of the victim, so that he fol.a. could raise his disability.
The overgrown garden in front of the deceased woman's apartment, aroused in the last end of the neighbours ' suspicions. Photo: Aleksander Klug