the Organization European Leagues defending 29 of the major european fodboldligaers interest, and on Friday they gathered in Lisbon to talk future.
the Swede Lars-Christer Olsson is the president of the association, and he fears for the future of klubfodbolden, because the money is in the Champions League has been giant.
- UEFA-the money is so great that they are also affects the big leagues. There must be a different system to the to distribute the money, says Olsson Aftonbladet.
UEFA has in recent years acted as a mouthpiece for the 10-20 biggest clubs in Europe, and I do not think that it is a good development.
- the Result of what they have been doing for the last ten years, it is that it will become a closed league at the top of Europe in style with ishockeyens the NHL, sounds the warning.
Real Madrid has won the Champions League the last three years. Photo: AP
- We are opposed to it and think that the local leagues should serve as a qualification for UEFAs tournaments, and to the clubs who sportingly has delivered the best results, meeting each other instead of having a closed league at the top, says Olsson.
He believes that if clubs are allowed to continue in the same way the next year, so no Swedish clubs in the Champions League again.
- And it goes the same for all the countries of our size, because the economic differences are so big that no one can get there.
He tells that everything is laid out up to and including 2023, but now there is hope of more fair solutions from 2024 to enable the national associations.
- The owner, in principle, the UEFA, because they are members, and they must take responsibility for their own clubs should be able to get on to the UEFA tournaments, and they have not done so so far, says Olsson.
the 69-year-old Lars-Christer Olsson had a position as UEFA Chief Executive from 2003 to 2007, where he was succeeded by Gianni Infantino, which has since become the first president of the world federation at the end FIFA.
Sports and Games Henrik reveals the gap in the system: How to score the box on the yellow cards
Sports and Games Significantly change in the law: Here are all the new fodboldregler