Maybe you have already stood in the queue for the machines at the gym, bought a juiceblender or gone in an arc outside of the kiosk, where you usually buy cigarettes. But even though health in general is more in focus in the first months, so fill it less in the consciousness of particularly a group: the Men.
Compared with women who talked a lot less about health among men. And you're diving down into the numbers, it turns out that men with short training courses in general are sick more often, suffer from overweight and eat more unhealthily.
Many of the artisans belong to this category, and, therefore, is the construction site one of the places where it should be more common to talk about health. It points out the Mie Møller Nielsen, head of secretariat of the Forum for Men's Health – a partnership of over 40 organisations, regions and municipalities, working to promote men's health.
- overall, one can say that men in general are more risk-averse, less aware of the symptoms and bad to talk about how they have it, which ultimately means that they are not doing anything about it, " she says, and adds:
- There is a mental barrier that must be broken down, for if you want to have healthy employees, you have to create a space that you can talk about these things.
the First step is to get the information into the skurvognene. So there is a greater chance that the builders here have done something about it, tell Regitze Siggaard, Health Manager at Oersted.
- We have really good experiences with that send healthcare professionals and offer personal health check. In this way can the individual become wise in his own state, and for many it is an eye opener as to motivate them to change their habits, she says.
in Fact, it has been shown that the whole 80 percent would accept a personal health check if they got it offered during working hours, while a full 89 percent would have made it if they regularly were called to it.
a study, as a Forum for Men's Health has made, and according to Mie Møller Nielsen moves to get numbers on health.
- When they have some numbers to relate to and the tools to change their habits in relation to, for example, exercise and sleep, so they go also in time. So there is not far from thought to action, she says.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------Hard work requires the exercise
It is easy to equate health and weight loss, but for many artisans, it is far better to move the focus on physical exercise, when everyday life must be healthier.
It is often physically demanding to be a craftsman, but the hard work is not enough to build the kropsstyrke, which is necessary in order to be able to keep to the work in the length.
According to the Mie Møller Nielsen, head of secretariat of the Forum for Men's Health is lack of exercise and strength training at the side of the work is often part of the justification, when craftsmen get injuries in the back, hips and joints.
Mie Møller Nielsen suggest, that you make it a habit to train a little bit – and it can be easily carried out in working hours.
- Motion in the working hours is a really good preventive action. There are small, simple exercises you can even do while working, in his break, or while sitting in the truck. It is certainly a win in the long run, says Mie Møller Nielsen and explains that the small exercises need not take more than five minutes at a time a few times a week.
the Community is also a good driving force for an active life. On many jobs you have success with that arrange walking, cycling or jogging, but it can also be bocce, or anything else that deviates from the work, points out Regitze Siggaard, Health Manager at Oersted.
- Activities of the one and the other kind is super, health is about more than just diet and exercise. It's also greatly about the well-being, unity, and about to go to work happy, and ultimately, it is crucial for you can find the motivation to change their health habits for the healthier, she says.