For the first time in Andreas and Sebastian Jessens careers playing the two skuespillerbrødre to each other. It happens in the series, 'Alpha', sent on TV2 Zulu at 21 on Sunday.
But even though the in brødrerelationen is located in known terrain, it has not only been a benefit for the work.
It tells those new to the Magazine prior to the premiere.
- Just as many gifts, as you can get, there may also be some challenges in it, because we play a different relationship than the one we have. Of course, it is our job as actors to be able to it, but it poses some other challenges, than you are accustomed to, says Andreas Jessen.
See also: Corona-exposed TV2-series comes promising from the start
Sebastian and Andreas Jessen for the Zulu Awards in February 2020. Photo: Anthon Unger
And the two brothers have also been waiting to get the opportunity to work together.
- It has been a great pleasure and indeed a little redeeming, because we for a long time has passed and the hope that we would one day. So when we finally asked and got the roles here, it was quite a nice feeling, " says Sebastian Jessen and adds:
- It is a gift to stand over for one you know so well, and so even play brothers. It can almost not be better. Of course, there have also been small things, you should try to put aside, for it is in no way everything in our brødreskab, which can be transferred directly to our characters Adam and Jacob.
In the 'Alpha' player Andreas Jessen børsmægleren Adam, in his pursuit of adrenaline and recognition mixed into a world of banditry. Big brother Jacob, who is played by Sebastian Jessen, is a policeman.
Sebastian Jessen plays the policeman Jakob. Photo: Emilia Staugaard/TV2
even Though they like the actors are in competition for roles, there is no competition between them as brothers, says Andreas Jessen:
- You are not the first who ask, and the short answer is actually no. We do not. We have been good to support each other in that we are doing the same. One could well believe that we would come to compete for the same roles, but I have it is sincerely the case that if there is a role, I do not get, so I will be really happy if my brother gets it and I know that he has it in the same way.
on the Contrary, he sees it as an advantage to have a close person who understands the life he is living.
- It is quite unique to be able to share the ups and downs, there is as an actor, with his brother. I see this as an advantage, he says.
See also: TV2 in u-turn: - Mega annoying!
And it's not just the brothers, who have been waiting to face each other. Premiere of 'Alpha' was because of corona moved from april and in the first instance to 2021.
But now the wait is over.
Andreas Jessen plays børsmægleren Adam. Photo: Emilia Staugaard/TV2
- It is just wonderful. When you have been working very much on a project, you rejoice just to get it out and show it to people. So it's great that we finally get to it, says Andreas Jessen.
When the first title Sunday night rolls over the screen, Sebastian Jessen see it with his family, and Andreas Jessen see it with his girlfriend and skuespillerkollegaen John Lassen, who also plays with.
- So we meet all together for a few beers afterwards to celebrate it, says Andreas Jessen.
'Alpha' can also be streamed on TV2 Play.