Last Monday was a dog, a victim of poisoning after a walk in the Collemanstraat in Sint-Pauwels. The shepherd's dog Toby got back at home convulsions and died a short time later. “Incomprehensible someone aware just poison puts in our neighborhood,” says owner Sylvia Praet excited. Also in neighbouring municipalities, Waasmunster, belgium, and sinaai, belgium recently a dog become a victim of poisoning. According to veterinarian Ilse Bassez are the dogs died with the exact same symptoms of poisoning. “Everything is obviously passed on to the police. In the meanwhile, the only solution to your dog and nowhere to let loose,” is her advice.
Ships of animal welfare Tom Ruts (Green) closes. “We want dog owners strongly recommend to keep a look out that their dogs are nothing to pick up or somewhere to lick. I took contact with the three veterinarians that the victims have been treated and they confirmed that it probably went to a poisoning with pesticides. The dogs had convulsions and had to vomit. The vets were powerless and could the animals not save them.”
The Groendienst is already on the road in the district of Heuldonk in Sint-Pauwels, because there are also already reports have been made of possible poisoning. Supposedly it goes a product like Temic, a very powerful poison that is banned for private purchase. The product do you as a pink or dark grains. Used In the past rogue hunters this poison to foxes off.
“It is entirely unacceptable that people purposely this gif use as well as the extremely painful death of pets and foxes cause”, continues Ruts. “We advise everyone to be vigilant. As dog owners may be faced with the gif, do they best thing to do is report it to the police.”
The police of Sint-Niklaas was awarded last month even though several reports about poisoned bait in the vicinity of the Ettingstraat. Certainly one dog is because of this death. The dog Zita of the family Waterschoot passed away in February after a walk in the area and the lanes adjacent to the Ettingstraat. “Back home, our dog Zita suddenly unwell. We are immediately to the vet ridden. Who has tried everything, but in an hour's time she was dead.”