Neither the Haas team or Kevin Magnussen has made a particularly big figure in the many distributions of prices and other honors after the Formula 1 season's end - despite the historically good results.
But the six-man panel at Autosport, as a thorough review of the season, have found some of the roses forward.
Actually believes the Grand Prix editor Edd Straw, the Danish Haas-runs stood for the year, very best overhaul with a bold move past Charles Leclerc - before it went completely wrong between the two.
- Overhalingen was not shown on the live feed, but the Magnussens drag on the outside of Leclerc in through the 130R was an echo of Fernando Alonsos famous overtaking of Michael Schumacher in 2005.
- It was overshadowed by the clash a few moments later, when Magnussen made a desperate late move to cover for Leclerc's attack. But it was an impressive overhaul, believes Straw.
Foto: Jan Sommer
While Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton, of course, runs with a lot of attention, especially F1 editor from motorsport.com Jonathan Noble, a good eye for Haas' performance.
- It is obvious to appoint Mercedes to stjerneteamet because of the way everything is successful at the end. But a team that deserves recognition, is Haas. Because they are so early in their F1 life has been a force to be reckoned.
- Yes, they buy many parts, but Günther Steiner has managed to create a lean, mean fighting machine (a well-oiled, fighting F1-machine), as on the fantastic show has disturbed the balance of power in the midterfeltet, " notes Noble.
Where the rest of the panel mainly points on sauber's progress or Daniel Ricciardos chokskifte to Renault, assess Jonathan Noble also Haas to be the surprise of the year.
- After having come through what was supposed to be the 'difficult' second year, the expected gain that the team would show so much strength this season. Kevin Magnussen was early strong running, and Romain Grosjean came after it, when he in the middle of the season got the head in place. Both showed that Haas' new approach to be a F1 team can work in this era, believes the editor.
Sports and Games He is sitting with all the data: Here is Kevin best
Sports and Games Five billionaire-sons of F1-advantage: No anguish - father pay
Sports and Games Adios Alonso: Goodbye to divaen, god and Kevin's nemesis
the Story behind the pictures: the Mechanics hated himself