Biologist Morten D. D. Hansen, who is known from the TV2 programme '1 day, 2 teams, 3 animals', where he finds the animals together with Sebastian Klein, has been so unlucky the last time.
a few weeks ago, he was namely bitten by a tick, and it has led to, that he now for the third time, are infected with the serious and potentially deadly borreliainfektion.
See also: After a turbulent relationship: Throw big news
he says on Twitter, where he also shared a somewhat atypical image of a tick - that sits on his one testicle, mind you.
'maybe I am the only one in the world that has had balls enough to throw a klunkeflåt on inaturalist (online network for biologists and other nature enthusiasts, ed.). The dead afterwards. But now avenge themselves. I now have 3. once a hardy borrelia infection. Large rash, sore over everything,' he writes.
below you can swipe, if you have the desire to see flåten on Morten D. D. Hansen's private parts.
For Ekstra Bladet says Morten D. D. Hansen, he is still hit hard by the infection.
- Right now it goes to the beaten time. It is not something that just disappears just like that. I have very pain in my neck and in my joints, and I must be on strong antibiotics for a month's time, says Morten D. D. Hansen, however, can still fit in his work as a curator for the Natural history Museum in Aarhus, despite the disease.
- I can still fit my work, but I whine a little more, he says with a laugh.
But the papers I still read.
See also: Disheartening news
Morten D. D. Hansen spends a lot of time in nature and therefore, not exactly when he got infected with the borrelia.
- There went three weeks, and then came the characteristic red rash. It is just pissetræls. But I'm very much out, and so I am just exposed to it.
Here is Morten D. D. Hansen and Sebastian Klein, together in the '1 day, 2 teams, 3 animals'. Photo: Made By Us/TV2
Although Morten D. D. Hansen is hit hard by the infection, believe the doctors, that he recovers completely and does not get but.
- the Doctors take it very seriously. It is also a very insidious disease. It's not for fun that you say, it is Denmark's most dangerous animal. The doctors say that I should probably get me completely. The danger is, of course, when one does not notice it, but I did luckily.
- How can it be, that you have chosen to share the news about your illness with something fresh image?
- I have shared this image here on a professional forum, where it was show its first tick. And my first sad happened there. We are fresh in Vendsyssel, he says with a laugh.
Infection with borrelia can give different symptoms. The early infection, the first stage showing within some weeks after infection with a characteristic red, well demarcated skin rash around bidstedet that spreads (erythema migrans).
In the second stage, the infection can spread from bidstedet to other bodies as f.ex. the brain (neuroborreliose). The symptoms of neuroborreliose shows itself typically as headaches and neck/rygstivhed and radiating nerve pain or muskellammelser, typically in the face.
Borrelia infection is transmitted only by tick bite, and is transmitted between people.
Source: Statens Serum Institut