Earlier in the week replaced Manchester United José Mourinho with Norwegian Ole Gunnar Solskjær as manager of the struggling English team.
More changes are likely on the way in the club, according to several English media considering hiring a sports director as a liaison to upper management.
And the job can be occupied a dane. At least if it is the former landsholdskaptajn Peter Schmeichel, who made almost 400 matches in the club.
- I am considering actually putting my name in the game, revealed He joined in the BBC Radio 5's Sportsweek.
- I would really like to deal with football again at a time. I know that I'm getting older, but my life has just evolved in a different direction, after I pulled myself back from football, says the 55-year-old Schmeichel.
the Article continues below the image.
Peter Schmeichel tried in 2007 to buy into the Brøndby IF, together with, among others, the former FCK-backer Aldo Petersen (tv). Photo: Kristian Linnemann
He stopped his career in 2003 after a single season with the rivals from Manchester City, and subsequently, his career featured a number of different jobs.
He worked among other things as a host on TV3's coverage of the Champions League and as the host at the entertainment program 1' to 100' on the same channel.
In 2007, he tried to get a foothold in Brøndby, when he, along with an investor group would invest a quarter of a billion in the club, Schmeichel was the sports director.
the Plan failed, but it has not deterred Schmeichel from to dream on for a role in the world of football.
- I am considering: I Have the qualities? And if I come up with an answer to the question, so I put my name in the hat.
- I will think carefully over the christmas and new year and make a decision about it, it sounds very surprising message from Peter Schmeichel.
He was in 2012, hired as an ambassador for the club and is still considered to be one of the major players thanks to the many trophies, which he hev home to United in the 90's.
On the other hand it can given show to be a challenge to land such a big job without the experience from the side of the football.
the Article continues below the images.
Peter Schmeichel was an ambassador for Manchester United in 2012 on the basis of his eight years at the club. Photo: Cecile Smetana.
The former goalkeeper dolls regularly at Old Trafford. Here, in company with his son Kasper Schmeichel during Manchester United's Europa League match against Anderlecht last year. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
the Dane has - whether he ends up as a candidate - a clear position on what type there should be the potential job.
- The most important thing is to get Manchester United-the culture and identity back
- I would like to see the job go to someone who has played there and can bring anything of the Sir Alex mentality back in all of football, he says, referring to the legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who stopped in 2013.
since then, David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and José Mourinho with limited success tried to lift the legacy of the scotsman.
Forward to the end of the current season is the Ole Gunnar Solskjær, who must try to rectify a disappointing sixth place.
Manchester United won on Saturday night with a 5-1 in the first over Cardiff City in the nordmandens first match at the head of the club.
Peter Schmeichel came in the face of adversity in connection with the WORLD cup in Russia, because he did a series of tv-broadcasts for the Russian state tv. You can read more about here:
Jan Jensen - 12. apr. 2018 - at. 07:39 Fierce criticism of Schmeichel: - Madness knows no limits
the WORLD cup 2018 - 11. apr. 2018 - at. 12:59 Schmeichels outbreak: 'The spin'
Intl. football - 13. apr. 2018 - at. 08:02 Schmeichel arrived in the 'Russian storm': - This will have consequences
Sports and Games Hot transfervinter waiting for: How to shop Aalborg