At SF is the opposition to the use of dobbeltmandater big. According to the SF's kommunalordfører, Kirsten Normann Andersen, it is a question of signal to citizens that the work of the Parliament is not a part-time job.
- If you send other signals to the citizens, I think, frankly, that we even have a problem. It is a fuldtidshverv. Therefore, one must also use his time on it. Therefore, we have tabled a proposal to prohibit the dobbeltmandater, she says.
At the Danish school of Media and journalism sitting head of research and ph. d. in political science Roger Buch. He refers to studies which show that a typical folketingspolitiker to use 45 to 50 hours per week on political work. At the same time is the working time of kommunalpolitikere increased from 10 hours per week to 20 hours per week since the local government reform in 2007.
- Municipalities have become larger entities than they were before the local government reform. On the way it has become much harder to have a dual mandate, because that required more in the kommunalpolitiske work, said Roger Buch.
Forskningschefen explains that there were 4700 kommunalpolitikere before the reform. The number has since dropped to 2500. According to Roger Buch to the politicians of the day to solve twice as many tasks. In addition, there has been a professionalisation of embedsmandssiden, which means that today they must put themselves into very heavy and thorough analysis.
- If, on average, had to fit both jobs, you would have a workweek that very easily will get up to around 70 to 80 hours a week, said Roger Buch.
the Danish people's party group chairman, Peter Skaarup, do not believe that there is a need for a ban on dobbeltmandater. He stresses that the DF does not have as many years of experience as a political party. Therefore, he is convinced that the party has benefited from being represented in both places at the same time. But he affirms at the same time, the Danish people's Party going forward will decrease the number of dobbeltmandater.
- We are working to reduce the number that sits in both places, because the work is demanding and requires focus, says Peter Skaarup.
the DF's dual mandate Mikkel Dencker, who both sit in the Parliament and is the deputy mayor of Hvidovre, get 1.150.641 kr. a year in remuneration. It is roughly equivalent to what a minister earns. SF has in the past been on the field with a proposal to dobbeltmandater only must receive payment for the highest paid political fuldtidshverv.
- You will not be able to lug one fee after another fee. When you already get fees for a full-time job, so it must be that which shall cover the work you have, say Kirsten Normann Andersen.
But Peter Skaarup is far from agree with the interpretation. He points out that the vast majority of kommunalpolitikere have a job by the side of the byrådsarbejdet.
- If you spend so many hours, as Mikkel Dencker for example, on his political work, it will be unfair if it was said, that he should not receive money for it, he says.
the DF's former president, Pia Kjærsgaard, has recently announced that she will remove the politicians ' benefits, so they increasingly come to reflect the rest of the population. But at the same time earn more of party dobbeltmandater more than a million. kr. of the year. On the question whether the Danish people's Party is trying to blow and have flour in your mouth at the same time, the equivalent of Peter Skaarup.
- It should not be the case that politicians get special treatment. But in regards to whether you can be allowed to sit in the city council at the same time that you are sitting in the Parliament or vice versa, it is another matter. It's all about, that one can have a job on the side to sit in the city council. It can be good. The vast majority of which sits in the city council, has a job on the side.
Dobbeltmandater sits both in the Parliament and in municipal councils
a total Of sit 22 politicians both in the Parliament and in municipal councils
the Danish people's Party, 17 out of 22 dobbeltmandater
Dobbeltmandater get paid remuneration for both duties
SF has introduced a ban on dobbeltmandater in the partyread more Close