Several incidents that involved the stewards in Stockholm – among other things, when a 12-year-old boy wrestled down in the Kista galleria, and when a pregnant woman was taken to the hospital after an intervention at the Hötorget station – got a lot of attention in the beginning of the year. Shortly thereafter, joined the social democrats in the Stockholm Region that they want to have an extension of the training of the stewards. Today is this 80 hours long, and subsequently have approved the stewards, in certain situations, the same powers to use force that police officers have.
(M) then stated that he was positive to an extension.
But Jens Sjöström (S), oppositionsregionråd with responsibility for trafikfrågor, think that the question about the prospects for the region's stewards have stalled – and are critical of regionledningen with the Conservatives in the lead to ”not take the matter seriously”.
– It is serious that you do not take vinterhalvårets events, and even events further back, more seriously than you do. For example, there are signals that the quality test of ordningsvakterna is not done in a good way, " says Jens Sjöström.
trafiknämndens meeting on Tuesday. Before the meeting had trafikförvaltningens answers to some of the demands of the social democrats, earlier in the year to come – and Jens Sjöström think that the answers have not been satisfactory.
– The M-led governance in the region is passive in the face of a very large and samhällsbärande question, if ordningsvakterna. This is a profession that is very important in our society today, " says Jens Sjöström.
among other things, to extend the ordningsvaktsutbildningen, to raise the requirements on the minimibemanning and training for the guards, and to investigate whether the business should be operated in the public sector, rather than through security companies.
"We have received a non-response to these questions, I think," says Jens Sjöström and add to that, even if the answer comes from the apolitical civil servants have the M-led political governance, according to him, a responsibility to ensure that the matter is not something to be taken lightly.
up to questions about ethics should be included in the stewards of education and that SL may need to take responsibility for additional training for their employees, stewards.
" I avoid actually answering the question. You probably need to start from the other direction instead, from the police and from industry. You need to ask the question, ”What is required for conditions when the ordningsvakterna in certain circumstances, to perform police duties?”, says Jens Sjöström.
Trafikregionråd Kristoffer Tamsons (M) is critical to Jens sjöström's claims that the responses to the letter were ”non-answers”.
– It is the officials who answer letters, not politics. And that they suggest things that are already underway or that the experts have already been convicted, it is almost embarrassing for them.
that he, himself, has pushed the question of how one should develop training for stewards, including the extra days that the guards working in the Stockholm public transport and that decisions on the changes to the last is a matter for the government.
– And of course, we are not satisfied with the government's way to push this issue and the way it is drawn in the out.
– It is coming from a person who to my knowledge has not lifted a little finger for safety and security in public transport.