Tired, overworked and frustrated employees across the country in laboratories.
Johanne deblitz, claus Hedegaard is a steward for the laboratory technicians at the Clinical Microbiology at Aarhus university Hospital, that tests the many coronaprøver.
She is witness to several colleagues, who are under a heavy workload, work hard to get things to hang together.
- My colleagues are askegrå in the faces at times. They work the ass out of the pants, and we have not had the opportunity to help them. They have been a few people on a great read, tells Hedegaard.
Since the beginning of march is the work pressure increased, as the government has expanded their testing strategy, which determines the analysts ' workloads.
In the molecular biology section at Aarhus university Hospital it soon became necessary to work around the clock, and it has more of the 20 employees had a hard time to follow. It is a sustained pressure with a try, which just keeps pouring in.
- Our laboratory technicians have really bony. They hang well enough with the nails and work on. There are days, where you can see that people have tears in their eyes, and is about to break down over the fact that it is constantly changing, how to make it. I take my hat off to my colleagues, tells Johanne Hedegaard.
She is worried that employees at a time run out for the extra energy.
Graphics over the number of tested and infected under the corona. The blue bars are the number of tested. Source: Statens Serum Institut
Despite the re-opening in several parts of society and a lower smittetryk is the work pressure for bioanalytikerne not become less.
- It does not alter the pressure of work, we have, for prøveantallet does not change. It may change on how many positives there are. People need to be investigated before they can undergo a treatment at the hospital. Those who are coming in with symptoms, must still be tested.
A large part of the workload is about the employees ' working day is very varied, among other things, due to lack of material.
- We can run coronaprøver with five different types of analytical equipment. So we have had a lack of reagents for the one, plastic trays and pipette tips for the third. Therefore you have to constantly switch between, how to handle the samples.
Community - 2. jun. 2020 - pm. 07:07 the Pressure in the bottom: Crying in three hours
While one of the union's proposal to the minister of health was more employees, have just been able to hire 13 new employees, where they first started on Tuesday.
- So we've got new forces into, and we hope that it may give some air to people who really have worked hard. It can't cover the workload in the long term, but it can help us to have a summer vacation, there might hang a little better together, tells Hedegaard, who, however, mentions that they could have used the new hands something before.
- We have not space for more employees right now, but it would help us a lot if we could get it, we need to use for the different setups. It would make a big difference for us.
on Tuesday afternoon, writes Anders Kühnau, there are international architects in the Region Midtjylland, that help is on the way.
'We buy robots that can clean up, pipetting and sorting the samples. We involve students and other staff. And we cooperate with private actors to relieve. We are not in the goal, but it is a top priority and we are on the right way', writes Kühnau on Twitter.
2/2 @AndersKuhnau continues:— Danish Region (@regions) June 2, 2020
- We buy robots that can clean up, pipetting and sorting the samples. We involve students and other staff. And we cooperate with private actors to relieve. We are not in the goal, but it is a top priority and we are on the right path #sundpol