the Most disadvantaged would classify neighborhoods is in Oulu, when compared to Finland's six largest cities to each other.
So says the city of Turku the project aims to do research.
the youth research centre of excellence scholar and the university of Turku doctoral student Teemu Vauhkonen has been doing research. A scientific article is yet to come later next year, but a shorter overview can already be found in the Turku city page.
district of bad-piece of research is taken into account in the areas of unemployment and poverty rate as well as the uneducated proportion of the adult population.
Oulu-nots would classify neighborhoods is as high as 11. Secondly, most of them were in Turku, a total of seven. Next come to Tampere for five, Helsinki, finland fourth and Vantaa single district.
Also Espoo was involved in the investigation, but there none certain suburbs not distinguished.
connect detailed district has the same postal code.
Oulu: Ylikiiminki, more Than-Ii, jacket village, martin cape, Brown, border village, Taskila-Toppila, Tuira, Pyykösjärvi-mid-fabric, intermediate field, far field
Turku: Kärsämäki-Urusvuori-Halinen, Jäkärlä, Varissuo, Huhkola-Lauste-Vaala, Pansio-Perno, evil cape, Iso-Heikkilä
Tampere: How to, Nekala, Search_help, fields, pools, Multi bridge
Helsinki: Jakomäki, Kontula, Puotinharju, Roihupelto, Itäkeskus
Vantaa: Hakunilathe basis for the ATH-survey
Vauhkonen stresses that mere poverty is not a sufficient indicator, not income inequality tell directly to being underprivileged.
That's why the unemployment rate is the main instrument here, Vauhkonen said.
One of the metrics was also dissatisfaction with the quality of life, which measured the accident.
Happiness is often measured by the satisfaction of its quality of life, but it would reflect too much the answer to the current vibes, Vauhkonen focus.
in Addition, the accident will be explained in the study of unemployment, low education level, and income support customers.
Material Vauhkonen used THL made by the adults health, welfare and services survey (ATH) -query.
of the Six largest city on the border if necessary, the respondents had a total of 17 748.
– Material from the outside were taken postcode, residential areas, the unemployment rate and other indicators.
Postal code size, however, vary, and many of the postcode contains both privileged and disadvantaged.Surprising information
the results of Research showing information, which can be considered somewhat surprising.
the Good employment situation does not always mean a happier attitude to life.
according to the Study, area of residence unemployment rate in Finland impact of the unemployed in an accident but more in the work of the accident. The most for the most disadvantaged residential areas the unemployed and those in employment experience by accident just as often, the study explains.
– disadvantaged residential areas to work, they may not be as satisfied with their job than those in good residential areas for working, Vauhkonen more.Teemu Vauhkonen, according to Helsinki has been successful in preventing regional inequalities, for example, Oulu and Turku the better. In the picture is the Kontula metro station. AOP
the Result can also be explained, at least partially, the so-called contagion effect.
– the united states has made similar studies of individuals social networks. If an individual is surrounded by happy people, then the individual's probability to become happier is greater.from Parents to children
Research shows that disadvantaged rate is ylisukupolveutuvia effects.
Parents reduced early school leaving by, unemployment and income support clients to raise their children's likelihood of have-nots apart in adulthood.
for Example, the parents ' income poverty alone is not enough to predict the have-nots, but the parents reduced early school leaving by, unemployment and income assistance clients increase children's likelihood of experiencing similar disadvantage in my own aikuisuudes. All adults in the three indicators is therefore independent connection to the child the corresponding bad-piece of their own in adulthood.
the early School leaving ylisukupolven eutumista can be according to the study, to explain, for instance, that parents convey to children the attitudes and values that do not support the study.
in Addition to the income support customer inherited according to the survey from parents to children stronger than the other have-nots.No connection to the white flight phenomenon
Vauhkonen not take a position on why Oulu stands out from other large cities.
– of Course Helsinki has been clearly better to prevent regional inequalities as Turku and Oulu, he adds.
the Same is stated in the research conclusions. Research based on the results of urban planning and land and housing policy should strive for regional differentiation prevention.
Vauhkonen wants to also raise attention in relation to the so-called white flight phenomenon. In English we often talk about the white flight phenomenon, which means that the immigrant share of growth in the native population to move out of the residential area.
– If you think the job of an accident increases on poor residential areas, it does not seem to be related to the percentage of immigrants in the residential area. Residential area of high unemployment and in the work of the accident the connection between the is also true for those areas where the proportion of immigrants is not very high.
– at Least according to this study of the accident an increase in the most disadvantaged residential areas does not appear to be associated with immigrants, a high proportion of the residential area.
the topic of the news first on MTV.
Updated clock 19.10: district of listing corrected Turku Urusvuoren name right.