The Danish artists have been blacked out on YouTube as a result of discrepancies between Koda and Google, which owns YouTube.
Though YouTube is a huge source of income for the Danish musicians, so it plays an important role, when the artists should promote their music. One of the many Danish artists who are influenced by it, is popsangeren Bridge with the civil name Kevin Andreasen.
- For me personally musikvideoerne meant insanely much. Also, when I had to throw my fucking glasses (his signature look, red.). YouTube gives something advertising and familiarity, and it is, therefore, to make the videos. It is not because of the money, for there has not been any money in it for the musicians, tells the Bridge to Ekstra Bladet.
On a streaming service has the Bridge at the time of writing over 27 million views. In spite of its many views he gets is not very economical out of the channel, he claims.
- I do not know why it is, but compared to youtubere we get the not at all equivalent, even though our music videos get tens of millions of views, and a youtuber often get a fraction of it. Koda trying to make sure musicians proper agreements, so we do not get zero dollars. So in one way I'm glad that Koda walks in and says that there must be track of it. At the same time irks me to have our videos being taken down. I hope it is temporary.
See also: - My songs about these girls
For a Bridge it does not matter economically that the videos will become inaccessible, but it is a shame to see all the work he has done, disappear.
He has made two 'Paradise Hotel'songs. 'The south' from 2018 and 'circadian rhythm' from 2019. Photo: Henning Hjorth
- It is more about the money, we have put in musikvideoerne, which are gone now. For my own part, this has not been cheap. I can't say the amount, but it has not been cheap. We have hired a decent company to do it and 30 people as extras and makeup. They spoil it a bit for us, but it is the most sin of all the children who can not come in and see the music they would like to see and hear.
- How are you doing with your hit 'the South' are gone now?
- I don't know how I feel about it, in my head it sounds to Koda, trying to make things better for us musicians.
- You can't live on making music on YouTube, you are on the road and do shows. I am thinking more of all those who now can not see and hear the same music on YouTube, he says.
Danish celebrity - 14. jun. 2020 - pm. 10:17 English hitmager in kulkælderen: - Scary
According to the Koda Google will have you 70 percent down in the salary of a temporary agreement. What do you think of it?
- I don't know, what I get from YouTube, if I must be honest. So by my label, but it is not something you can live by, as it is now. If they will lower it by 70 percent, then I fully agree with Koda in that there is a case that must be fought.