It has been a long mystery for Skindbuksen and its staff, what was going to happen after years of conflict and more controversy between the two bars.
Since the summer, where the 300-year old tavern on King's Square was closed, there has been doubt as to who the new owner of this tavern and restaurant has ended up being.
But now the 44-year-old popproducer and former 'X-Factor'-judge Remee and his private limited company ARCH COPENHAGEN reveal that they have purchased Skindbuksen. The change of ownership ensuring, presumably, that the site can continue to run as before.
- First of all, there is nothing personal with Skindbuksen, it is ARCH that stands behind. But ARCH got the opportunity to take it over, and so has ARCH been able to keep a very small part of the shares, and the rest we have given to senior employees, says Remee to Ekstra Bladet.
the Tavern Skindbuksen, which opened back in 1728 Photo: Stine Tidsvilde
Chaos on Denmark's second oldest tavern: Now all employees fired
the Whole concept and the restaurant should basically be like it used to, explains Remee. In relation to the staff, there will be a new chef and a new chef, who will control the battle.
- these are some we think are talented people, some of them we have worked with for a number of years, and they have earned something that was their. Some others are new recruits, which just fit perfectly in to the site. We have just been going to facilitate it and made sure that Skindbuksen can live on in the spirit, as it constantly had.
Remee says further, that he, in general, have a desire to treat the place with as much respect as possible, and that there will continue to be sold open-faced sandwiches, and a christmas menu up to and in the month of december.
- I have thought a lot about it the last few weeks. Today the irish pubs have become so popular, but there is a super tradition in the Danish bodegas and taverns, which in fact is very valuable. Not everything has to be a new smart version. Instead, we build on the traditions. Skindbuksens premises calls, 100 percent to the not to be tampered with, other than to serve some proper food, get a good service and good atmosphere.
The 300-year old tavern, which is located as a neighbour to hviid's Vinstue Photo: Stine Tidsvilde
in addition to the acquisition of one of Copenhagen's historic pubs have Remee also to show his love to the beautiful Danish country been inspired by a DF-kampagneplakat on his Instagram profile.
Image from Remees private Instagram profile with an imitation of the DF's poster
- We have a very skilled graphic artist, sitting and doing movie posters with us. DF-the poster hangs just outside my house. Then I got the idea to take a few of us, who is Danish and who love Denmark, but that may not just similar to the ones on the poster and then put our faces into, explains Remee.
the Image can be seen inside on the Remees Instagram profile, where he has posted it as an 'Insta-story'.
- There is only pure love in the picture. Love to all people and to Denmark. Nothing other than it, as it is written: 'We keep also of Denmark'. It was really just what we wanted to say with it, says Remee.