There is great demand for the few cottages that are on the market right now. Salgskurven for vacation homes since the turn of the year 2020, every week beaten the sales figures of the past five years – interrupted only, when the first uncertainty with coronavirus reported in march. According to Realkredit Danmark is sommerhussalget 40 percent higher than in the same period last year.
It must all be added together with the lowest offer in ten years, which means that there is extra struggle to find the right holiday home to stay in.
- the Crisis has led sellers to hold back to put their homes up for sale, so now is a good 8000 holiday homes for sale at more than 11,000 in the beginning of april last year, says Birgit Daetz, who is communication director at Boligsiden, in a press release.
Sommerhussalget have almost the entire 2020 remained higher than the previous five years. Especially during the month of april have sales taken off. Graphics: Boligsiden/home
the Crisis may be an explanation for the low offer, but in general it's all about the uncertainty, says the analysis from Jørgen Munksgaard Rasmussen, boligøkonomisk expert in Organic Bolius, while it can hit buyers ' wallets.
- the Explanation may be that some vendors have pulled feelers to themselves because of uncertainty about whether they can get sold at the desired price, like several of you probably have reconsidered their sales due to the lack of opportunity udlandsture at the moment, he says, and continues:
- For the buyers it means that they do not have so much to choose from on the market. It can ultimately have an impact on the price, which can be higher, but it is still too early to say.
Helårsbeboelse in holiday homes
the real estate agents brands also, of course, the increased demand, just as there will be longer between salgsannoncerne with holiday homes in butiksruden.
According to Michael Dalsager, communications consultant at Home, is the amount of potential sommerhuskøbere grown over time, and it is also reflected in the first four months of the year, where sommerhussalget has been high.
Therefore, there is no evidence that, for example, the fear of isolation because of the corona virus has brought new buyers into the market.
- most of The buyers have clearly had the idea of a sanctuary in the form of a cottage, and there is not just talking about a impulse. But corona makes that many are now making the plans a reality, because there has been an uncertainty about our holiday and future travel activities, like the epidemic also motivate new buyers, says Michael Dalsager and continues.
- We had, for example, a buyer on the west Coast, who said that he did not expect to be going on the usual holidays to Italy the next five years, why sommerhuskøbet gave even more sense.
He explains that the most sommerhuskøbere are over 50 years old, but that there is also an increase in the number of families who are hunting for a sanctuary.
- We saw in the corona, that there was an increase in the sommerhuskøb also with economy in mind. Here one could place his free resources and earn a little on the udlejningsdelen. Today, it is about the most that they will use the house ourselves and just maybe will complement with any rental, " says Michael Dalsager.
you Must wager on a small cottage in the first row by the water and maybe in a fashionable area. Or a bigger house with space for family and friends with more modest location.
Make yourself clear whether you should have the same bekvemligheder, as in your helårshjem as a dishwasher and washing machine, internet and a large, open space, or whether you can settle for a smaller house with fewer at luxury goods.
How far will you run? There is the greatest demand 1-2 hours from the main cities in Denmark, which can be seen on the price
Check things like shopping, bathing, access to nature, close to the noise (roads, industry, rail, etc.), it is easy to get there, and, if it is near the coast, on which is made coastal protection.
you Will have a maintenance-free holiday, you should look for newer homes or homes that are well maintained from the start.
Bad business to invest in a holiday home rather than shares
There are several things that make that a sommerhuskøb just now makes good sense. In recent years, there have been large increases in the housing market, which makes that many have equity in helårsboligen.
Even sommerhuspriserne in many areas it is still at a level that, in conjunction with favourable financing conditions, it does not cost a lot of money to buy a cottage, explains the Organic Bolius’ expert in the subject.
- With the low interest rates it has become cheap to finance a sommerhuskøb. You can even put 25 percent of the purchase price, the rest can be financed as a mortgage, and it costs not very much, " says Jørgen Munksgaard Rasmussen,
He adds, that by a mortgage with a 100 per cent mortgage for a holiday home for a price of 1.5 million dkk. there will be a monthly cost of 5000 dkr.
the Purchase of the cottage
Since the coronavirus was on the agenda in Denmark in march 2020, it could be read in several places in the economy. Stock prices plummeted, interest rates rose, people lost work, and that has been talked about a greater economic impact than during the financial crisis.
Anyway, it does not work, as if the crisis really has taken hold, the stock market has recovered, and there is still time in home sales – including holiday homes. And it amazes Jørgen Munksgaard Rasmussen.
- the point is coronakrisen droll. There are many forecasts which predict the economic crisis and unemployment, but it seems not really to affect the stock and housing market, he says.
If it suddenly turns, and the general krisetegn sets in, it will probably could be seen on the sommerhussalget.
- the Joker is the economic development. Holiday houses referred usually as a luxury good. Therefore, it becomes often chosen from one of the first things, when there comes krisestemning on the table, explains Jørgen Munksgaard Rasmussen.
Organic Bolius is owned by Realdania.
Organic Bolius is non-commercial and sells neither products nor services.