"2020", "2020", "2020"!
the Shouts from thousands of supporters in El Paso for a little over a month ago were not to be mistaken.
Beto O'rourke, the man who pulled out as the Democratic wonderboy, had just lost senatsvalget in Texas with hardly possible margin against republikaneren Ted Cruz.
Now would the audience that the new cellist should aim even higher. Against the presidential election about two years.Lost with the least possible margin. Now he can be the big Trump-the challenger in 2020
When he spoke with the Newspaper, only the newspaper, right after the end of 6. november, he rejected the cash thought about asking which presidential candidate in 2020.
- No, I'm in El Paso to be, but I am grateful that I got to be a part of this. It was an amazing experience, " said O'rourke.
There was, however, not all who believed in him.Reminiscent of the Kennedy
during the course of the election campaign got O'rourke to create the big blue waves in the traditionally blood-red republican state of Texas. It has been 30 years since the last time Texas elected a democratic senator. In november, O'Rourke close by to make sure it stopped with 30.
while senatsvalgene in the state of the last few decades have been decided by at least 10 prosentpoengs margin between the candidates, then lost to O'rourke by 2.6 percentage points. It has been noticed, far outside of Texas.
- do you Know who he reminds me of? Kennedy. He speaks as a president. No matter how this goes, so I'm sure he's going to run for presidential elections. I think he can win.
It said Connie Vachellio, faithful O'Rourke-trailer to the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet, the day before her favorittkandidat lost senatsvalget.PRODS: - I have not seen a candidate who has urged the Democratic kjernevelgere in the same way since Obama, says the former adviser to Beto O'Rourkes arch rival in Texas. Photo: Øistein Norum Monsen / Dagbladet Show more "Secret" meeting
Although O'rourke has remained silent on the subject since valgtapet in november, pulled him time and time out as one of the hottest candidates to challenge Trump to the presidency in 2020.
the Temperature fell not after a "secret" meeting between the said O'Rourke and Barack Obama 16. november.
the Meeting took place at obama's office in Washington, D. C., shortly after that, former Obama advisers had urged O'rourke to stand for election, writes the Washington Post. None of the parties wanted to comment on the meeting.FACE: Former president Barack Obama met Beto O'Rourke to a closed meeting earlier in the year. Photo: Larry Downing / Reuters / NTB Scanpix Show more
Obama has previously stated that O'Rourke reminds him of himself.
- the Reason I was able to reach out to a significant part of the country, was that people had a perception that I said what I meant. What I often look for yourself is just that: "Believe you are sincere of what you say? Are you with on this because you have a conviction that you are willing to risk things for?", said Obama when he talked about O'Rourke on the podcast, The Axe Files.
What I liked the best with the election of his (the O'Rourkes, ed.anm.), was that it did not felt as if his statements were based on opinion polls. It felt as if he based the statements and positions on what he actually believes. One would like to believe that it is the way it usually works. Sad enough, as is not the case, said Obama.LOST: Democrat Beto O'Rourke lost senatorvalget with hardly possible margin in the mellomvalget in the united STATES. From the stage he was brutally honest with the supporters. Video: AP / CNN View more Favorite
In a survey conducted on behalf of the political organization MoveOn, answer a majority that they want O'rourke as the Democratic presidential candidate.
In a similar CNN survey ports texaneren on a third place, behind former vice president Joe Biden and Vermont-senator Bernie Sanders.
Biden will be 77 years of age, Sanders will be 79, while O'rourke fills 48 a month and a half before election day in 2020.
- I have not seen a candidate who has urged the Democratic kjernevelgere in the same way since Obama. I think he has great potential and a real talent. He collected more money than any other Kongresskandidat in United states history. Then it is impossible to reject him as a candidate, " says former adviser to Ted Cruz, Rick Tyler, The Guardian.
- The Beto O'Rourke did in Texas was pretty amazing. Although I certainly do not declare support for any candidate, I believe sincerely that he should run as a presidential candidate in 2010. It is 100 per cent seriously. If he can get 48 per cent in Texas, everything is possible on a national level, wrote Seth Abrahamson, contributor for CNN and the BBC, on the valgnatta.the Photo shows the democrat Beto O'rourke acknowledges defeat in senatsvalget in Texas 6. november. Despite the defeat at myriokephalon has O'Rourke gained status as a political star, and the case, if he will ask in the presidential election of 2020. Photo: Øistein Norum Monsen / Dagbladet Show more - don't Know what
the Leader for the Democrats in El Paso, Illiana Holguin, think O'Rourkes campaigning in the year showed that he seas
Beto was born and raised in a border. He understands the issues that the latino community is facing better than most. The border (to Mexico) is not something he has to learn about. He can speak from the heart, " she says to The Guardian and adds:
- Here in El Paso is waiting all patiently to see what he decides to do.
Even if O'rourke were initially dismissive of the idea to stand for election in 2020 when he met the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet, was it possible to trace the hope in the eyes of the followers of his.
It comes something good out of this. We don't know quite what yet, " said O'rourke.the BATTLE for TEXAS: Kelly Rowland has thrown herself into the campaign that has the world's eyes have corrected themselves. It stands between republikaneren Ted Cruz and the relatively unknown democrat Beto O'rourke. Dagbladet has followed both senatorkandidatene. Video: Øistin Norum Monsen. Reporter: Nicolai Eriksen/Dagbladet. Show more