Josep Guardiola in the three seasons in a row not managed to get Manchester City beyond the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
It will be City-the manager have made about, he says after Saturday's disappointing defeat at 1-3 to Lyon in the quarter-finals.
- It is what it is. We must find a way to close the gap, so we can get in the semi-finals of the Champions League, says Guardiola to uefa.com.
the City was equalized to 1-1, but Lyon scored two goals in the final phase, and so it was settled.
- the Second half was ok, we were there. I had the feeling that we were better, but you have to be perfect in this tournament. And we weren't, " says Guardiola.
During the fight, protested Guardiola loudly over some orders that didn't go City's way at Lyon scores, which was approved after the WAS browsing.
- I will not talk about the incidents. It comes to look as if I'm complaining or making excuses. We are out.
- I thought we were ready, but we made mistakes. That is why we are out, says the spaniard.
Lyon will now meet Bayern Munich in the semi-final on Wednesday. In Tuesday's semi-final to RB Leipzig meeting Paris Saint-Germain.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------
Kevin De Bruyne helped his team with a single scoring, but it was not enough Saturday evening. Photo: Pool/ReutersError on error: - as we have done throughout the season
Saturday's 1-3 defeat to Lyon in the Champions League quarter-finals is very symptomatic of Manchester City's season, which also featured a for the club's disappointing second-place finish in the Premier League.
It says Manchester City's scorer in the match, Kevin De Bruyne, to uk BT Sport.
- We will have to learn from it. It is not good enough. We have a good team, but we made too many mistakes. As we have done throughout the season, says Kevin De Bruyne.
At two of the targets failed offside trap for Manchester City, while goalkeeper Ederson bar its part of the blame for Lyon's third goal. This is the third year in a row, Manchester City knocked out of Europe's top club competition in the quarter-finals.
- It is a new year, but it is the same outcome, " notes Kevin De Bruyne.
- I don't think we were good enough in the first half, and we started too slowly, but in the second half we played really well. It is a pity that we must leave the tournament on the way, he adds.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------
Maxwel Cornet rejoice with its coach Rudi Garcia after scoring to 1-0. Photo: Pool/ReutersRejoicing in Lyon: - Not random
The French team Lyon beat on Saturday night, surprising Manchester City out in the quarter-finals of the Champions League by winning 3-1 in Lisbon.
But according to the man behind Lyon's first goal, Maxwell Cornet, so it is not so surprising even to the French team now is ready for the semifinals for the first time since 2010.
he says at a press conference after the match.
- We play these games to meet the best in the world. We are lucky to do it, but if we are here, so it's not random, he says.
In the semi-final awaits the German large groups Bayern Munich, who on Friday night cemented the club's status as favourites to win the entire tournament, as the team humbled Barcelona with 8-2.
Lyon's coach, Rudy Garcia, believe, however, that the team can create yet another surprise.
- We have won over Juventus, which was one of the favorites to win the Champions League, and we have won over Manchester City, which was one of the favorites to win, he says, and adds:
- Bayern-the battle will be exactly the same, but from what the players have shown, then we can still hope to go on to another round, and this is what we will prepare ourselves to do.
Sport - 16. aug. 2020 - pm. 07:24 the Desperation in Barcelona
Sports and Games Bomb under FCK: Empire will collapse,
Sports and Games Brøndbys transfersommer: How will the act