After a pleasant playdate last Wednesday, was 12-year-old Holger Michaelsen just come home when he complained of stomach pain.
Holger suffering from the chronic bowel disease morbus Crohn and had, therefore, six weeks in advance received an ostomy.
- so we were also a little concerned about his pain, so we asked him to go and check out the stoma. He came out again, quite pale, and he showed us that his bowel was 'dropped out'. The hung at the time of 15 centimeters out of the stomach on him, tells his shocked father, Jacob Michaelsen.
Facts about morbus crohn:
- Morbus Crohn or Crohn's disease is a chronic inflammation in the intestine.
- the Disease can sit anywhere in the gastro-intestinal tract.
- the Symptoms are usually abdominal pain and diarrhea as well as weight loss, fever and fatigue.
- That the disease is chronic, meaning that it can not be cured. The disease kept at bay with medication and possibly. surgery can come on to talk.
- Some patients must have stoma either briefly or permanently.
Source: health.dkShow more Close
Jacob immediately called 112 to get get an ambulance for her son, who was crying and was panicked.
- Everything was chaos. I was also in panic. It so much was followed out, and I could see that I was not able to take responsibility for it.
- But in the emergency I was told that they would not send an ambulance. It was not critical enough.
on the other hand, I got the message that I should 'relax', says Jacob, who could not even run his son in the hospital, when his wife and He mother had taken the car to work.
This is Jacob Michaelsen and management of the pre-hospital effort, which is the processing going on before a possible trip to the hospital - including the emergency services and patientvisitationer, agree.
- part of our job is to reassure them that the caller is in, says the director of the Region of Central Prehospital Henning Voss.
- But we are not managed well enough in this case, he admits.
hospital management: It escalated very quickly
Henning Voss is the director of the Region of Central Prehospital, and he acknowledges that part of the task that his employees must provide the emergency services have not been good enough in relation to Jacob Michaelsen and his son Holger.
- We need to reassure people when they call in. We are trained to handle, but it comes we are not objective in this situation, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
- But what about the part about not sending an ambulance? Why do not it?
- the Conversation escalates very quickly and there will be serious threats from the father. So we can not assess the situation before the father is up in the red field.
- If I call and say that my son's intestines are hanging out at the stomach on him, can you understand that I want to have an ambulance?
- We end up actually with to offer him an ambulance to calm him down, " says Henning Voss.
- But then it's already escalated out of control, and it ends with Jacob rejects the ambulance and even will run to the hospital.
This remember, Jacob is not.
- Okay, I just need to be sure; if I call in a panic and says that my son's intestines are on the way out of the belly of him - especially if he is operated on for the stoma six weeks in advance - there is an ambulance or not?
It... so... I'm not sure that this is what is being said on the tape...
- But now I ask of you.
- It will indeed be a income, says managing director Henning Voss.
According to Jacob and he put on, but rang with the same 112 again, in the hope to get hold of a second employee at the other end.
- I was asked for the same again, which still would not send an ambulance. And because I was in a panic, I lost the pacifier. 'If that happens him something, I shall kill you,' I said. I know it was stupid, but I was afraid my son was going to die.
- I know it was bloody stupid, but they should just have sent an ambulance.
12-year-old William is getting over the acute tarmoperation. - But the shock of that we were not taken seriously in the emergency services, is still in him, says his father, Jacob Michaelsen. Photo: Ernst van Norde
It turned out that Jacob was right in that it was critical. For, as Jacobs wife, who was taken from work with the same, she got the message, got home with the car, was 12-year-old Holger run at Skejby Hospital in Aarhus. Here he was admitted and emergency surgery.
At the time, his bowel, according to Jacob 30 centimeters out of the body. This will Henning Voss, director of the pre-hospital effort in the Region Midtjylland, not comment.
- I foresee, that when you call 112, you will get help. And even though I went over the thread, so I am also out from that, they are trained to deal with people in panic and shock, says familiefaderen Jacob.
- How did Holger it?
- He has it o.k. He is in the hospital yet, and he is of course the mark of it. But immediately he gets the no but here - in addition to that he has a chronic disease and continue to have a stoma.