There should have been gripped earlier in the face of the scandals in the Academic A-box under the now fired director Michael Valentin. And that is why it is good that the top of the former board of directors president Allan Luplau in the lead has taken his good clothes and has left the records.
this is the sound of the a-box new chairman of the board, Thomas Damkjær Petersen.
- Set the benefit of hindsight, would you have intervened. It is very good that it came up to the surface, and therefore resigned the presidency is also from their records. I think basically, it was sensible with the a-box eyes, that we also got changed in the political presidency.
- Why was it sensible?
- If you have to have a new start on top of a big crisis in a politically led organisation, so there must also be changed in the political top, says the new chairman of the board, who also is president of the Danish association of engineers (IDA). He is also a member of the party, for whom he previously moved up to the city council in Copenhagen.
Extra Magazine has recently revealed, how a whistleblower in a-box cautioned, Allan Luplau about both the potential illegality and vedtægtsbrud under Michael Valentin.
Still sent Allan Luplau a statement to the state regulatory authority, in which he concluded that there was neither identified the circumstances that were in violation of the provisions of the penal code as well as a clear breach of the a-box purpose.
Even rejects Luplau that have misinformed the supervisory authority, but says that he can easily understand, 'if that can be sown doubts as to whether I was awake enough as chairman of the board'.
- Thomas Damkjær Petersen, do you mean that the former chairman of the board has lived up to its responsibility in the process?
I have some comments. He has taken the decision and has withdrawn as president at a time when he could well see that he had to leave the post for that you could get a reasonable future in the a-box. That, I think, was really seen by him.
the Extra Leaf has over the past few months, described how Michael Valentin has spent members money on everything from big vinregninger to the rental of the empty premises at a high school where a good friend is the chairman of the board.
- It has been a very bad dealings with the members 'money," notes the new chairman of the board.
- It has the director handled really bad, and therefore he is also been made redundant. It is really bad morals and ethics, that has been going on from the director's side, and how it should not be done. It must be rectified.
- How will you do it?
- I think, that it is really important to get hired a new director. We have put in the work and have posted a schedule with the consulting firm we use to help find a new director. So hopefully we can by end of march point to who it must be.
- at the same time, launched some ledelsesinstrukser, for it is clear that we must ensure that such a thing is not going to happen forward. Therefore, there is established a governance committee of our board of directors, which must ensure that there are the right interfaces between who is making what decisions at what times, and who has the responsibility for the cost of the organization. There must always be a four-eyes, looking at them.
- But I will not complete the governance work, before we have the new director of the inside. It should be the new director to help shape the.
- establish a whistleblower scheme. How come the concrete work?
- We are not so far in the process, so I know it. But we want to use an external, which you can turn if you find something wrong in the organization.
- What will you do for the members and employees ' trust will be restored?
- We have already held a staff meeting where I was present and told the employees about my views on how the cooperation should take place in the future. It is about restoring trust between employees and management. It is a really important perspective going forward for the political leadership that there is good communication between their tillidsfolk and the future management. It is a hugely important signal to the employees that the board endorses the use of each other positively in the entire organization. It will create a better workplace for the benefit of our members.
The last chapter a-box scandal is, however, not yet written. The state supervisory authority, the STAR has put the Attorney general to investigate the matter, and this study is not yet complete.
- you Can deny that there must be further consequences, when the supervisory authority with its investigation?
- of Course I can not refuse it, for I know not. I do not think that there will be surprises ahead, but I'm waiting anxiously to get the study, so we have to work constructively on.
- Have you come across some thing that not has been promoting, and which is flawed?
- No, I have not, says Thomas Damkjær Petersen.