- Must have the burner on low and grind to a match, but discovers so Tordenskjold on the front.
- Falls in the spell and burn my fingers, feel a twinge of bad conscience: for the very same hero was under the fødenavnet Peder Wessel with one of the imperialist trekantture, where the ship was loaded with gunpowder, bullets, glass beads, and other knick-knacks in Copenhagen.
See also: Popular ice changes its name after 100 years
- from Here sailed it to Christiansborg on the gold coast in the present Ghana, where local chiefs traded nabostammens young men and women for all they are both useful and more beautifully decorated objects, as Peder Wessel and his unscrupulous cronies had brought with him.
this is the beginning of a letter from Ole N, there is an older man, who think it is embarrassing to be a dane, and full of self-hatred for his life, his grass-roots origin, his skin color. Ole has dug into the story and made especially mind on the søhelten Tordenskjold flow. the nation! have asked the factory, that sell sell a few million boxes Tordenskjold-matches of the year in Denmark, whether they have plans to change the design out. Their answers can be read below. Brian's letter continues namely as follows:
- Well arrived was søheltens ship emptied of knick-knacks and filled up with unfortunate links to the people, who were forced to a mildly hideous voyage to the Caribbean where they were exchanged for rum, tobacco, sugar and other, as we danes like to bought, when the ship returned to Copenhagen or Flensburg, which was one of the most active slave trader, and rome-cities in the Danish realm.
- The day today is the city of Flensburg in addition, known for its excellent Hansen Rome, so fortunate that Flensburg did not vote him back to Denmark in 1920. Now is the Flensburg just an extra nail in the germans ' skyldskors.
- These umenneskeligheder carried out by my ancestors deprives me the pleasure of tobacco, but I shudder also of embarrassment, when I hear the word Christiansborg palace, for the palace at holmen in Copenhagen reminds me of its predecessor on the slaves ' coast.
Robert Mugabe on tændstikæskerne? Photo: Claus Bjørn Larsen
- No, the matches could be appropriate to change the name to Robert Mugabe, for he drove the imperialist, racist farmers with fire and sword and created a free Zimbabwe.
Teeth finally changed his tune and think back on the time when I smoke Kings, drank Red Tuborg and listened to Papa Bue and his Viking Jazzband.
- Thrill a memory of the ugly vikings who killed the English women, the evils of the poor men and dragged their children to Denmark and a life of servitude.
- The worst is yet Papas glansnummer: ’The white cliffs of Dover’, so is the racism shown clear enough, is it not?
- Embarrassing to be an old dane. Full of self-hatred for my own life, my popular origin, my skin colour, as in pre-judge me in the resurrection of the eyes, but hey!
- My matches come from Sweden. They can live with it, writes Niels O. and Swedish Match, are writing to that it can the good:
- Thank you for making aware of a grim part of History, which must not be forgotten.
- But just in case Tordenskjold hear it with in the picture that Peter Wessel (his birth name) was only 16 years old when he as the youngest wessel on-board a slaveskib. The trip from Africa to the Caribbean was his first and only trip with the slaves.
- In other words, will I allow myself to think, that all can swipe their matches from Tordenskjold-the box with a good conscience, write tændstikgigantens directot of public affairs Rune Siglev, but what do you think?
Note: Before you vote, you can possibly. read the full report on the 'Tordenskjold on slavetogt' on the headsail.dk.