Shortly before midnight could Mette Frederiksen (S) pull out victorious out of a political arm-wrestle, where the opposition leader Jakob Ellemann-Jensen (V) retained the themselves differ.
It assesses the Extra the Magazine's political commentator Henrik Qvortrup, after nearly 12 hours of negotiations in the Danish parliament on Wednesday on the reopening of the borders under the coronakrisen.
- Jakob Ellemann-Jensen got the gummiarm, and yet again, Mette Frederiksen, stand in front and present a plan with a united Parliament behind, " said Henrik Qvortrup.
Prime minister Mette Frederiksen had a majority, as the negotiations went on. The majority consisted of the radical, the Alternative, and the bourgeois parties.
- Ellemann had an opportunity to sit through and exploit a majority outside the government, but the liberals and the conservatives did not dare to go the extra step and take the full confrontation with the prime minister, tells Henrik Qvortrup.
the Tourism industry bleeds economically under coronakrisen. And before Wednesday's negotiations required a majority in the Danish Parliament a relaxation of grænserestriktioner for the benefit of just the tourism industry. At the same time, should the ceiling for forsamlingsforbuddet be raised, it said.
Mette Frederiksen, received the however, overall, the Danish Parliament is behind the agreement on an extension of the genåbningens phase 2.
Mette Frederiksen manages skillfully to parry an attack against her, where she could have been with a majority. It had given a notch, " explains the political commentator.
It accounted very well for the opposition, because the government's contacts with the radical with an agreement outside of the government.
- The blue parties were smart gone on the offensive with a majority behind the paper. But it requires that Jakob Ellemann not get gummiarm to the last, and maybe there are people who think that the Mr. nice guy need to corner, assesses Henrik Qvortrup.
See also: Qvortrup: war of nerves on the reopening
the Majority outside the government, however, was a little faster - two days - one plan for the opening of the border through, but the ceiling over the forsamlingsforbuddet remains of 10 people on a provisional basis. The bourgeois parties and the social liberal party wanted to raise it to 50 people.
Forsamlingsforbuddet is first raised to 30-50 from 8. June, while it is expected to be raised further from 8. July and again from 8. august.
- The civil and Morten Østergaard was after all a little bit more with home than the other times, and the majority outside the government have made a certain impression, assess, Henrik Qvortrup.
Venstreformanden selected, however, a consensus and a unified Parliament, rather than a quick jab to the prime minister.
- of course It is a point of view, as a leader of the opposition may have, but you can ask about it not soon be time for the leader of the opposition needs to run more hard, says Henrik Qvortrup.
Since 14. march where the entry ban to Denmark entered into force, it has required a so-called 'creditable purpose' that cross the border.
The radicals speak for a full opening of the borders, while the conservatives, the New Civic and the Danish people's Party will leave the tourists with a rental a holiday home to get into the country and thus expand the list of 'anerkendelsesværdige purpose'.
the Government also chose to extend the list of anerkendelsesværdige purpose of entry in Denmark from 25. may. On Monday, foreign boyfriends, and grandparents will also be allowed to enter over the border to Denmark.
in Addition, businessmen are allowed to travel in and out of Denmark.
the Politicians negotiated until shortly before midnight, and it was not supposed to pull out. It was supposedly the radical leader, Morten Østergaard, which was particularly hard for the prime minister, said the political commentator, on the basis of the sources close to the debate.
It took a long time, because Morten Østergaard fluekneppede all the details, as someone put it. He fought and fought, and when he got exactly what he demanded, then he speaks the result up afterwards, says Henrik Qvortrup.
Extra Magazine's political commentator interviewed Morten Østergaard shortly after the agreement fell into place. You can see the interview here.
In a new report from Statens Serum Institut (SSI), as political parties and their leaders have been sent on Wednesday morning, reads it, there is so much uncertainty in the calculations of a further re-opening, that it actually is difficult to assess the impact.
the Parties will also have eased forsamlingsrestriktionerne from 10 to 50 the 25. may., from 50 to 200 persons the 25. June and 200 to 500 the 1. august provided that there are still kept one meter distance.