Diplomatic crisis between Denmark and the arab world. The flag in the flames. International riots. The death and destruction. And, not least, a great state, which cost Danish businesses billions.
Few have forgotten the Muhammad-crisis, which broke out at the end of 2005. Certainly not the official Denmark, according to Ekstra political commentator Henrik Qvortup is up on the toes, because it fears a repetition as a consequence of the Rasmus paludan's demonstrations.
- What I hear is that both Foreign, as the prime minister's office is following the situation very closely, because the case contains the same ingredients, which led to the Muhammed-crisis 13 years ago. It is the recipe for something that can explode, he says, whereas the international media describes the unrest.
- And what is the recipe?
- We have to do with some muslims, who feel stepped on the toes, and muslim countries can not understand, why the state not only intervenes against paludan's provocations. It is understood not either, why the state did not take action against the newspapers that printed drawings of Muhammad with a bomb in his turban, says Qvortrup.
- So the ministries are extremely nervous, to the case fires up so much during certain delicate muslim countries, that we can get a repeat of the Mohammed crisis, which cost Denmark billions of kroner in lost exports.
- What makes the ministries so as to prevent a recurrence?
- It is a devilishly difficult discipline. They can't ban the fool Paludan to stand and burn the Koran. The authorities can not, because blasfemiparagraffen in 2017 was abolished by the current government. It had been very useful today. Had you still had blasfemiparagraffen, you could have used it to stop the City in forhåne islam. For example, when he refers to the Koran as a luderbog, or when he writes about the prophet Muhammad, who is being anally some of a dog, while he himself penetrates into a pig.
- But what do they do specifically?
- They try to explain abroad, facts, as well as why they can't stop Paludan. They explain that they do not support his speech. In addition, we look at Twitter prime minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen, with a primary message that he ’takes a strong distance from paludan's senseless provocations that have no other purpose than to sow discord.’ Only then, he writes ’to meet him with arguments - not with violence.’ It is not a coincidence. He communicates as much to the rest of the world for a Danish public.
Takes a strong distance from paludan's senseless provocations that have no other purpose than to sow discord. Meet him with arguments - not with violence. The protection of democracy and freedom of expression. Don't let the disparaging acts directed against certain groups in DK, and destroy our unity.— Lars Løkke Rasmussen (@larsloekke) 14. april 2019
- How big is the risk, do you assess that it actually develops into something that resembles the Mohammed-crisis?
- Last went there a half a year, from the drawings was printed, for it broke out in bright flames. It escalated, when the international media began to deal with the drawings. In this case, is the foreign media has already begun to take an interest in the matter. Against the speaker, that the last was the renowned dailies, which provoked. This time it's a crazy, dishevelled lawyer.
paludan's religious criticism is formally legal. It is not, when the flocks commit the riot in a voldsorgie. Why dishes outcry not also against the violence?
- It can also in a Danish context paradoxical. But the context is not Danish. The last time was the muslim countries, only anger over the fact that the prophet had been printed with a bomb in the turban. The violence we are seeing now, serving as the means for the same countries get the eyes up, to render a hadprædikant around and provokes islam.