on the Night of Monday the long-awaited eighth season of 'Game of Thrones' available on HBO and to mark the occasion invited a streaming service on Monday night Danish fans to come and see sæsonpremieren in Imperial in Copenhagen.
On the guest list for the event was in addition to the hundreds of fans of the Danish stjerneskuespiller Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who in all the seasons of the series plays the supporting role as the captain of the host of Jaime Lannister.
He was met by great cheer went up from the attending fans, in the second he stepped into the cinema.
The attending fans were very excited when they spotted Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. Photo: Mogens Flindt
Although fans pulled at him from all sides, he had also time to tell the attendees of the press a little about how it has been filming the eighth season of the popular series.
- It has been incredibly hard to make it last season. Now it's soon a year ago, we have been finished, but it has been incredibly hard to make it. So for the whole team, if it had not been the last, there might be a mutiny, because at one time there were 55 night operation, in a row. But everyone was incredibly dedicated and is happy with the result, it sounded from Coster-Waldau
Film, tv & radio - 15. apr. 2019 - at. 08:27 Big premiere-chaos
According to the 48-year-old actor is he surprised that he has survived in all eight seasons of the series, which is known to kill the one protagonist after the other.
I had not figured that I would not be here today. Me and she who plays my sister (Cersei Lannister played by Lena Headey, ed.), we figured all the time that it was over. But it was not. When we got to season six, then we would like to be with to the last. It is a fun thing to be in, because you can be a fan of the story, because it is divided up so much. Each time, there are new episodes, I have not seen three quarters of it, because I have not been to low, so on the way, it has been great, he said, and continued:
- We spent nine months to make six episodes in season eight. I'm insanely excited to see what it has become, he said further.
Coster-Waldau on the red carpet. Photo: Mogens Flindt
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is stunned to both Danish and foreign fans have taken so well to the series.
- It is fantastic. When we started on season one, we played on a tiny channel that does not exist anymore. Channel Plus, I think it was called. It was only when I came to the UNITED states, I found out that it just went really well with the series. And so it has grown ever since. It is quite amazing, he said with a big smile.
That series is popular, there is no doubt about that. On Monday, there were so many Danish fans, who tried to watch the series on HBO, the streaming service broke down. Precisely it is also not gone Coster-Waldaus nose over.
- of course, I am sorry. I could understand that there was a problem in the night, where it all broke down, and the people could not see. It is too bad, found he and came with his views on why the series has become so popular:
- in Order that something can be so popular, people must feel that you can identify with it. The issues in the series, is quite recognizable in relation to the political game. The brutality of the political game, and so of course it here with a very great danger that threatens, as all well know, but again really want to take responsibility for.
Reviews - 15. apr. 2019 - at. 04:57 the Premiere of 'Game of Thrones': Here's the verdict
even Though Coster-Waldau has been busy with the filming of 'Game of Thrones' the most recent time, he already started with new, exciting projects. Therefore, there is not much time to relax.
I go to Canada already in the morning to shoot a movie, he said, before he continued into the hall to see sæsonpremieren.