When Djurgården was practicing on the Court the day after storsegern (5-1) against Frölunda on the Globe, so it is a lot of laughter and joy.
preparation before the teams number three in the Scandinavium arena on Thursday night is joyous. When one of the players succeed at something is the cheers of the crowd and the clubs struck against the rail.
But in a sequence can be heard suddenly buanden.
– just as he did at the end of the game against Frölunda – tried to copy Peter ”Foppa” Forsberg OS-punishment from the 1994 and put the puck to one side of the goalkeeper, while he himself is on the other.
But as in the match the night before he fails.
" It is too bad. It becomes just mediocre and harmless. I have to think about, " he said when he got off the ice.
"Just yesterday I thought that it was a good time to do it, but then I had too much speed and its all what it was so it was not good", says Axel Jonsson Fjällby, and adds with a smile:
" Then I think well not that I've done the same thing if it had been a little smoother in the match.
is that your confidence is on top. It wasn't there when he came home since he failed to take a seat in the Washington Capitals. Then had 16 SHL-rounds played.
But at home, it was not better. It was only ten points, a goal and nine assists, in 36 games in the regular season.
" I put too much pressure on myself. I came into the team in the middle of the season and it was harder than I thought. I had high expectations of myself and it wasn't really that I wanted and then cut the self-confidence, " says Axel Jonsson Fjällby explanation.
" But it has turned now into the playoffs and it is nice, even if it come late.
a massive support from the crowd. In the Scandinavium arena waiting for the opposite.
– It is quite fun. We've been very good at home throughout the playoffs, so it is well no difference now. I think you get energy from it too.
" We shall have to try to not change anything. I think everything we do out there yesterday was good, and we continue so it will be good", says Axel Jonsson Fjällby, and explains the fascination with slutspelshockey.
– It is a more enjoyable hockey. Everything is so much more vital, every blocked shot, and tackle come into play so much. Every win counts and it feels like we raised us in the playoffs as a team.
through its gameplay. When he, who at 2-0, the goal, pulls away from the slopes and put the washer, rising cheers. It is not for nothing he earned the nickname ”the Hunter”.
" I like to get those modes and, yesterday, it went home.
– Every single workout, every single day, I take in everything I have. I always want to go the fastest I can. I see it as my strongest side that I can skate and it will be quite far in, even if you do not have high grades when it comes to stickhandler, and the like.
Axel Jonsson Fjällby has still aims to take a place in the Washington Capitals, but there is nothing he wants to talk about now.
– It is a little early to answer, but it is well there that is the goal.
First, should he manage another goal: the national CHAMPIONSHIP with Djurgården.
Guide: Everything you need to know about the SM-finals in hockey