yesterday morning, I experienced something that looked like an assassination attempt on my daughter.
'Supersygehuset' in Åbenrå printed end from the Psychiatric dept despite relatives ' protests. They threw her on the street in helpless condition.
so begins Erik Pedersen a letter to the editor of Ekstra Bladet - a letter, he writes because he simply does not understand that the system in Denmark can not take better care of the citizens. For eric's daughter was - and again, as you can read below - hospitalized for mental disorders, but Erik has a feeling that the system preferably of the kind citizens. His letter - which hospital comment below - continues thus:
- Since we have relatives at the last minute reached and would take her home, jumped her out of the car while it ran, and ran away.
She was half-blind and half-unconscious, and ran confused around in traffic, and could have been run over for the third time.
Or she could have disappeared without a trace.
I ran after and got summoned an ambulance and the police, who arrived with a full deployment.
- Both the police and falckfolkene agreed that she immediately had to genindlægges.
- Now it is my great fear that the hospital ’debunk’ my daughter and within a few days, again to throw her on the street unaccompanied.
- As relatives sit back and think of whether they would like to see patients die, writes Erik.
the Psychiatry in Region of southern denmark has been læserbrevet for review and have sent this reply:
- We regret very much to Gitte and her father has had as dramatic an experience as described.
- It is always our goal, and that cooperation with patients and relatives must be a good experience.
- In the case we will endeavour, to both the patient and family in the future, will have a safe experience of cooperation with the Psychiatric Department of Aabenraa.
- in any case, we will look at whether we could have done something different in connection with the discharge, so that we can take learning of the incident.