It is no secret that the EU thought it was a particularly bad idea, since the Uk voted itself out of the union.
And since then, the EU's leaders at every opportunity they were waiting complained about the decision.
nevertheless, they have, however, tried in co-operation with the British prime minister, Theresa May, to come forward to some kind of agreement that can ensure a smooth brexit.
But the part goes, as we know, not so good. Good enough is managed May make an agreement with the EU, but on the home front, she has more than difficult to get something approved, so the Uk has, therefore, heading directly out over the abyss, taking the country right now seems to leave the european UNION 29. march without any agreement.
And particularly the section meetings hovedrysten in the EU.
At a press conference with the irish prime minister, Leo Varadkar, attacked EU president Donald Tusk on Wednesday so out for them, who stood in the forefront of the campaign to leave the Uk out of the EU.
I have been thinking about how the special place in hell for those who promoted brexit, without the slightest sketch of how it would be done safely, look out, said Tusk at the press conference, according to Reuters.
Tusk has stressed that the EU is not prepared to renegotiate an agreement with May, even though it is her hope, after the european parliament has rejected the current agreement. Moreover, backed by Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the Commission.
The cash hell-statement from Tusk has scored more brexit supporters up the chairs. Including Nigel Farage, who stood at the head of the right-wing UKIP party under the brexit vote.
- After brexit, we would be free of non-selected, arrogant thugs like you and manage our own country. It sounds more like heaven to me, tweet Farage in response to Tusk-the outlook.
Farage has after brexit in addition, even received harsh criticism, because he himself resigned as leader of UKIP and thus have not participated in the negotiations for Britain's withdrawal from the EU.
Donald Tusk should on Thursday meet with Theresa May in a further meeting in an almost endless variety, where you are trying to find a solution to the british dilemma.
Tusk has Wednesday held a meeting with the irish prime minister, Leo Varadkar. Varadkar welcomes that the EU is supporting irish interests in the brexit question. Photo: Yves Herman/Reuters/Ritzau Scanpix
mr Tusk does not hide the fact that you still would like to see the Uk change your mind and stay in the EU, as a majority of the population, according to the latest measurements want. He knows however, that it is not directly an option right now.
- Right now it means the attitudes of a brexit from the british prime minister and leader of the opposition, that it is not an option. Today, there is not any political force and an effective leadership that speak to be, he says, according to The Guardian.
Theresa May has earlier Wednesday held a press conference in northern Ireland, where she assures that you will do everything you can to prevent a hard border to Ireland. A central question in the debate on brexit, where a brexit without agreement will go hard in addition to nordirerne, in which case there will be no agreement on the border crossing between the two countries.
the EU and the Uk have negotiated a draft brexitaftale. It was on Tuesday rejected by the parliament.
the Agreement deals with the terms of the divorce, while the negotiations on the relationship between the EU and the Uk after the divorce first will begin, when the withdrawal is a reality.
The british government has approved the text of the agreement, and the next step is that the House of commons must vote on it.
Here you can get an overview of the key elements of the 585-page long draft.
* the Uk and the EU have agreed on a transitional period after the british exit 29. march 2019, which shall last for 21 months to 31. december 2020.
* the Transitional period must allow time for the incrementally dismantle the major parts of the EU cooperation.
* the Period can be further extended if both parties agree.
the Border to Ireland:
* the Question of border between Ireland and the uk northern Ireland has proved to be very difficult in the negotiations, since the brexit will mean exit from the single market with its free movement.
* the draft agreement contains a temporary agreement on the border, to avoid a "hard" border with physical barriers or customs control between the two countries.
* Subsequent negotiations to find a more permanent solution to the border issue.
* the EU will give the uk financial markets "basisadgang" to the EU's internal market. Thus given the british the same access as, for example, the UNITED states and Japan.
* the British must, however, still be subject to a number of EU-rules to get access. It should among other things ensure the financial stability and consumers ' rights.
Sources: Gov. uk, Reuters, NTB.read more Close