- the Government will transform into the green power for green hydrogen, which in the long term can be accommodated in several sectors through Power-to-X (PtX) technologies, so that we can store it, and in the future can transport our goods, and fly abroad in a more sustainable way.
- PtX includes a number of processes, where green power is used to produce hydrogen (by electrolysis), then the hydrogen is used directly or transformed to any other e-fuels.
How to write the government in a of the fact sheet that follows with the first part of the new klimahandlingsplan, which was presented earlier in the day.
- Denmark shall be a green led, and therefore we hold on to the high climate ambitions - even if we are in the midst of a historic crisis.
- We will increase the amount of ocean wind from a massive, and at the same time, we will make it possible to use the green power in the tank of trucks, cargo ships and planes.
- We present a package which is both delivering CO2 reductions in the short term and puts the development path to the future climate-neutral Denmark, says environment minister Dan Jørgensen about the plan, which should be of benefit to both the climate and create the jobs of the future .
the Government will - as the first country in the world - the start of a new era in the development of ocean wind from with a shift in paradigm from individual wind farms to the islands.
Specifically, it is proposed to establish two energy islands by 2030: One in the North sea on the 2 GW with space for at least 10 GW in the long term, as well as make the island of Bornholm for an energy island connected to the ocean wind from of 2 GW. The 4 GW is more than twice as much as is in operation in the seas around Denmark today.
With the islands supports the green transformation in the whole of Europe. Deployment of 4 GW, equivalent to more than all Danish hustandes annual consumption, so a key element will be the export of green power to our neighbouring countries.
The green power from the energy islands should be used directly, but also be transformed and used in sectors that may not use green electricity directly, e.g. aviation, heavy transport, some processes in industry, etc. via the Power-to-X technology, called further in the proposal, and just Power-to-X, will be a new adventure for Denmark.
- Hydrogen and other green fuels can phase out fossil fuels from particularly challenged sectors, where the direct electrification is not an option, e.g. heavy land, ship and air transport.
- Denmark has important strengths in PtX-context: enormous wind resource, a robust energy system and an innovative business in the world.
- electrolysis plants for the production of hydrogen are found today only in the demo sizes. But the interest from both Danish and international actors is great, writes the government, but what are you thinking?