After the recent rulltrappshaverier in public transport to now the social democrats in the region to the green & blue majority as it accelerates efforts to solve the most immediate problems.
the Party calls for, among other things, a stock of spare parts for the escalators to be able to quickly remedy the emergency wrong, something that does not exist today. An example they refer to is the escalator in the Rinkebys subway, which broke down several months ago. Where has the lack of spare parts meant that they constantly moved forward the date for when the escalator can be operating again.
– It is a total failure when it comes to rulltrappssituationen, we have had two years now of the many stationary escalators for passengers. Not least those with disabilities, who already have difficult to move in public transport, " says Jens Sjöström.
meant to the southbound commuter trains could not stop at the Stockholm City because of the derailed supervisor. It meant that the travellers could neither get off or on, and instead had to take a detour via Odenplan. In this case, however, the failure of the supplier, something that's is consistent with the green & blue.
the Socialists are questioning that there is in the rest of the public transport, there are large and long-lasting problems with the stationary escalators and elevators that are not addressed. They suggest more routine maintenance to avoid emergency repairs, and the introduction of realtidsinfo that displays the status of elevators and escalators for passengers to be able to plan better.
– If an escalator or elevator operates at a stationsuppgång can be crucial for the individual traveler the opportunity to take a certain route. This information has SL access to already today, and it should also get passengers to part. It is something that we asked for for a long time.
the passengers ' despair showed itself already during the snowy weeks in February, when the hassles of public transport posed major problems for locals.
– Last Monday with rulltrappsstrulet there was unclear information in the SL's own travel app and it is very problematic, that we are not even able to deliver accurate information on our own forum that we ourselves can control.
do not recognize the description.
– My impression is that it is clear when something is not working as it should, but maybe it is a wrong image. I do not see that there is a real problem to solve.
When it comes to more regular maintenance to avoid emergency repairs is on the other hand Tomas Eriksson agrees with the opposition and say that the work has already begun.
– We have a new agreement with the supplier in place since June of last year, where we are trying to steer towards more planned maintenance. But pressing the wrong occur of course still. My understanding is that the agreement works well, but we are monitoring the situation and we must not spin on it in the second half of 2019, we may have to start looking at a change in the agreement.
traffic management plus with 173 million for the operation and maintenance costs compared to the budget and utilized, therefore not all the money allocated for the maintenance of the public transport. It explains Tomas Eriksson that there is not enough expertise in the market.
– It is pouring not of the right skills, so to speak, it is simply difficult to do with the money from time to time because there are no people to get in.
" It is absolutely possible to have a larger stock of spare parts. SL still has a private inventory of spare parts that they can use when necessary. But it is actually the supplier to solve it within the framework of the agreement. It would be possible to set the correct to have a stock, but it would be quite costly, " says Tomas Eriksson.
Jens Sjöström mean, however, that the cost of a stock must be set in relation to the costs that affect society and the individual traveler.
" of course there will be a startup cost, but in the future, I am convinced that it will be cheaper when faster can remedy urgent problems and will not have to wait on spare parts that are not there.
tried to get figures on how many of the escalators that are currently out of use, said SL it is impossible to say. This is because the escalators continuously stops and many of the stops are often fixed within a few hours.
When it comes to the escalators in Stockholm City, there is still no forecast for when these errors can be fixed. Until further notice there are travelers who get off at the track 3-4 move up the stationary stairs for your own machine.
"I understand the passengers' frustration, but we're working on as fast as we can. We knew that the trainers were of poor quality and needed to be replaced, it is a pity that we did not have time to do anything before the problem became acute, " says Tomas Eriksson.
Read more: Commuter train south, not stopping in Stockholm City
Read more: Over 5,400 tickets in The new stockholm city line escalators