Post a Comment Print Share on Facebook
Featured The homeland WNBA Tony Finau Gaetz Andy Reid


Please help my son, Discarded by the municipality after completion of the placing

My son has been placed outside the home in over five years. He was placed when he was 12. I have never agreed with the placement, so it has therefore always been a tvangsanbringelse.

My son has even wanted to be placed – he would be home to me. He is, therefore, repeatedly escaped from the shelters where he has lived. It has been a very hard year for him, and he ended up with to get some really bad friends and a malicious network.

last year his positioning has been hard for me to get anything through. I tried several times to ask them to take a position as to whether he could get the aftercare, but they never took a position on it, and then it ended with that he got something when he turned 18 years of age.

an abuse, when he was 16 years of age; an abuse, he did not help to get rid of. Many of the young people who lived at the place of stay was an abuse, and it knew the staff well, but did not do anything about it.

18 years, at least I could get access and see what happened, but now that he has been 18 years, I can do nothing. It is as if I after all these years just has been fully taken of the matter.

When my son asks me if I can help him, I try to call the municipality, but they say that I can't do anything now, because he reached the age of majority and therefore must contact them yourself.

What can I do? He has no one other than me that can help him to find the way around in the system, as he has been absolutely smashed by?

It makes me awfully sorry to hear your story. Unfortunately, it is not the first time I hear about this kind of thing.

It is true that you as a parent being put completely out of the game, when your foster child become an adult. It can be a very abrupt transition – especially if your child is in need of massive support and have been let down by the system, which would otherwise have been responsible for caring for your child.

I will say that you need to help your son to complain that he has not received a written decision on whether he would be granted aftercare – after his placement ended at the 18. year.

The council has a duty to take a position for half a year before the placement is terminated. They had had drawn up an action plan together with him.

advise you to get your son's written consent to be disclosed and collected information in his case in the municipality. On the way you can contact the authorities on his behalf and, thereby, to help him. Without consent is it, as you write, is absolutely impossible.

social Worker Puk Sabber manager the social letterbox. Photo: Jakob Boserup

to contact a voluntary counselling services that can help you with writing a complaint about the proceedings – and at the same time send an application to get a aftercare, so your son, for example, can get attached to a support or contact person that can help and guide him around in the system – both in relation to his misuse and other social problems.

It simply can't be true, that you, as a mother, who is his only support after the municipality discontinues a tvangsanbringelse, because he reaches the age of 18 years.

voluntary counselling services:

Tagensvej 70 1.

2200 København N

Mail: or telephone 35 39 71 97.

always have the right to be represented by another person. Even if you have a representative, you must still contribute to the proceedings.

If you want to be represented by another, it requires a written consent. You can at any time withdraw your consent.

and representative (s) available in forvaltningslovens section eight, which states that the party in a case, at any stage of proceedings can be

represent the views of other (representative) or

assist (assessor) of the other.

Your Name
Post a Comment
Characters Left:
Your comment has been forwarded to the administrator for approval.×
Warning! Will constitute a criminal offense, illegal, threatening, offensive, insulting and swearing, derogatory, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, indecent, personality rights, damaging or similar nature in the nature of all kinds of financial content, legal, criminal and administrative responsibility for the content of the sender member / members are belong.