the university of California campus in Berkeley has been in use for the pizza of the transport robot for two years and they have worked well. They stroll through their own university region.
Last weekend one of the ”Kiwibot” caught fire in the middle assignment. The distribution of robots, the manufacturer of the Kiwi told in a statement that one of the robot's battery had begun to heat up, it will eventually smoke and flames.
along the Route had students act quickly, get the fire extinguisher and got the flames smothered.
Kiwi told me that the reason was a faulty battery, which was a human error is therefore mounted on the back of the robot.
after the Fire the Kiwi to take all the robots out of traffic for audit purposes. Robots are two years shared already about 10 000 pizza to the hungry students.Robots are able to walk independently, and also cross streets. Kiwibot